September 28, 2022
- Community Announcement
- Community Q&A
- Project Updates
- General Discussions
- Weekly Overview
- High priority queue
Discord migration effort
Try out the server here:
Progress tracked here:
- Lots of cool bots
- Matrix could be an option as well
- But Discord is very nice (e.g. Ardupilot uses it)
- Linux foundation could be helpful for Matrix version bumping up as well - Mark
- Try out matrix if you are interested: https://element.io/
Matrix migration effort
Check out how the Matrix works as well! It’s not as bad as you think
Community Q&A (No deep technical discussions)
Guideline for asking a Question
- Specify what you are trying to achieve
- Specify what environment / platform you are using
- Prepare a Link or Document to help understand if possible
- First, ask the question on the Slack or create a Github Issue!
- If you take over 5 minutes for the question, please continue in Slack or a Github Issue.
Q.1 : Pixhawk 6C compass calibration not working
- Have to calibrate everytime it boots up
- Check for
mag_worker_data, after having the logging set to ‘debug’
- Also affects v1.13
- If SYS_AUTOCONFIG is being force-set, it will force re-setting the Compass calibration data
Q.2 : Doing Mission ‘push’ via ROS2
- Mission waypoint push was possible via MAVROS, how do we do that via ROS2?
- For example, pushing JSON file getting pushed via MAVROS to PX4
- TODO: @mwbb will create PX4 Github issue to track which MAVROS features would be needed for ROS2 DDS bridge features.
P.1 : CM4 Integration in progress
- CM4 <> FMU v6x serial connection works
- Ethernet also works for both Companion & FMU
P.2 : Fixed-wing focus call from yesterday
- Interface cleanup & New features were discussed
- Join the Fixed-wing call by adding Dronecode calender to yours! : Dronecode Calendar — Dronecode Foundation
- TODO: @rroche will create new category for coordination call & make the event recurring.
P.3: Gazebo improvements - Ben
- Now we can drag & drop models through Gazebo
- Beforehand, the SITL Gazebo was outdated
- Gazebo Ignition is now called “GZ” (OSRF’s decision)
- Using this, you don’t need to use SITL Gazebo at all. Uses native Gazebo’s simulation feature
- This allows you to ‘pause’ the Simulation properly without memory leaks / very fast to launch
- Now we don’t have to keep track of DAE / STL, with this feature.
- Currently, Quadcopter Plugin was adapted with the PR above.
- Fixed-wing Plugin exists, would appreciate any tests!
Help on adding more vehicle types would be much appreciated
D.1 : FMU v6x Bootloader UART port PR
- Should we switch to TELEM2? (Holybro CM4 case)
- Or, how do we support both TELEM1 and TELEM2?
- TODO: Scan through UART ports & automatically detecting baud rates
- We need to have a robust auto-baud-detect mechanism - Chris
- Bootloader’s documentation (baud-rate and ports) is not good yet
- TODO: Add TELEM2 921600,
Recently updated Issues / PRs in PX4-Autopilot Link
PX4 Dev Call: April 27, 2022
High priority queue
Discussion based on: High-Priority Queue · GitHub
If we can discuss these in case unsolved:
This is my concern as well: