As discussed in the last dev-call, we will try to migrate our chatting platform from Slack to Discord.
Discord is a chatting app anyone can use (with practically unlimited member count) without hosting a server (it’s free!).
- Preservation of history (no more messages getting deleted after ~1.5 months!)
- Already existing cool bots: https://top.gg/
- Slack channel <-> Discord channel mapping planning spreadsheet
- Slack thread where the idea was proposed (will expire on October 6th)
- Export PX4 Slack history including attachments (files) using SlackDump - DONE
- Using Slacklord2, migrate the history to Discord - IN PROGRESS
- Slack thread will be placed in individual messages, there’s a Slacklord2 issue to implement this feature. Would be nice to have.
- To run Slacklord2, the .NET dependencies are required (otherwise, the downloaded binary won’t work). Refer to this. The issue is also on repository.
- Check if Discord messages are publicly indexable (i.e. via Google Search), this would be nice.