- Community Announcement
- Community Q&A
- Project Updates
- General Discussions
- Weekly Overview
- High priority queue
- @ryanjAA has archived the whole history of Slack, since the history will be lost soon again
- @junwoo0914 is also archiving, including all the attachments
About migrating to other chatting platforms without history limit (Slack: 10,000 messages):
Mattermost: Open source, self hostable chatting app, no fee for the “Starter” package, which offers everything we need.
- We need to figure out how to afford the Server. @rroche ?
Discord: Free, unlimited-history and used for a lot of other open-source projects.
- NuttX, Ardupilot, DroneCAN are already on Discord
- Need to check if we can migrate ‘out’ of discord (i.e. do we have a back-up?)
Both of the platforms mentioned above are migrate-able (using the utility used for archiving the Slack history)
Previously replacement via ‘Matrix’ was tried. The Linux Foundation was hosting them for projects. However, when PX4 project tried to use it, Matrix was too outdated and users didn’t like them so much. So Migration was cancelled.
Linux Foundation should have updated Matrix, but seems like it’s not on their roadmap to update Matrix. It’s not a priority for now.
Slack doesn’t have open-source project special trial. And we don’t qualify as ‘non-profit’ according to their standards.
Conclusion: Let’s try discord. We don’t need to self-host.
- Channels to pertain:
- @ryanjAA and @junwoo0914 will make the transition & share the Discord Server to the PX4 Slack for trial & feedback this week.
- Can the history be publicly indexed?
- Can discord have the ‘thread’ like Slack?
- Specify what you are trying to achieve
- Specify what environment / platform you are using
- Prepare a Link or Document to help understand if possible
- First, ask the question on the Slack or create a Github Issue!
- If you take over 5 minutes for the question, please continue in Slack or a Github Issue.
- It is easier to design dampener for the whole Flight Controller, rather than just the IMU section
- Checkout the Vibration metrics / FFT: MC Filter Tuning & Control Latency | PX4 User Guide
Work in progress.
Our dev-call is quite broad. Proposing organising a focus group (VTOL / Multicopter / Fixed Wing / etc.) meetings separately.
Tuesday 5pm CET (UTC +1) could be our schedule. Starting next week, Fixed-Wing/VTOL meeting will happen.
Discussion based on: High-Priority Queue · GitHub