Accel 1 Clipping with PX4, no problems with Arducopter

@JulianOes and @peterscache12 Are there any updates on this?

I’ve had a similar problem. I am experiencing very high acceleration metrics only when I run PX4 but normal levels when I run Arducopter. I have this system from UAV Systems International.

You can find the log files for two back to back flights - one with PX4 and one with Arducopter - that I did today here: Log files in google drive
I added the PX4 flight as a flight report in Flight Review. It can be found here: https://review.px4.io/plot_app?log=a9bebd55-10d4-42df-b12b-5781106c4696

The PX4 version I am using is the beta 1.14 because I needed a feature that it has for compatibility with my companion computer. The oddest thing about this vibration issues is that it appears IMUs 1 and 2 have higher accel than IMU 3 for in the flight controller (PixCube Orange+). The accel metrics from the PX4 flight are below:

I’ve done a lot of testing on this and pretty much ruled out a hardware issue (especially since Arducopter doesn’t show high vibration). This vibe issue has been killing me and nearly caused a crash in the log file I am sending (see the oscillations near the end of the flight).

Is there a better place than this to post this issue? I’ll likely post it in the Discord as well.

Thanks,
Michael

1 Like