PX4 Maintainers Call: July 11, 2023

:calendar: July 11, 2023

The maintainers meeting is a meeting for the developer team to coordinate on pressing issues and to plan the development of the PX4 Autopilot project, the community is welcome to join and listen, but won’t be able to speak unless specific access is granted ahead of time.

:selfie: Meeting Link

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Agenda

  • Remaining PRs for v1.14 Release Candidate
  • Miscellaneous bug reports on v1.14

:memo: Meeting Notes


CFP submission deadline extended into next Sunday (16th)!

Asking for some cool ideas for presentation:

  • Gazebo model creation / ROS2 XRCE-DDS bridge tutorial
  • Vibration tuning guide (LPF / Gyro FFT)
  • How to build a drone to reduce vibration
  • Please send more ideas

Remaining PRs for v1.14 RC

The PRs will be merged, as it has been reviewed and tested. Backport PRs will be created. Mathieu will do that. This is the only remaining release blocker PR.

Will merge and make changes to Gazebo side, to make Rover functional. Note, Matthias tested with SITL after it was merged, and found that QGC sends different range for rovers :blowfish: (Using QGC and Joystick).

For v1.14 backport, we will modify the PR to keep the 30 seconds limit (instead of 10 sec).

Note: The Geofence param default value change was only included to v1.14 branch, and not in main branch, we need to make sure backports are done after main branch merge.

Miscellaneous bug reports on v1.14 beta

We will do the pass again in Jenkins compile pipeline.

It seems like there’s 3 S3 deployment Jenkins pipelines:

High vibration levels

Calculations for the vibration metrics have changed from v1.12 to v1.13 (Alex), and shows differently on Flight review.

TODO: We prob should have renamed the fields to keep the plots consistent.


PX4 core components discussion (as discussed on last meeting): PX4 Release procedure by junwoo091400 · Pull Request #2331 · PX4/PX4-user_guide · GitHub

Metadata and PX4 binary upload per stable, master, beta.

1 Like