The maintainers meeting is a meeting for the developer team to coordinate on pressing issues and to plan the development of the PX4 Autopilot project, the community is welcome to join and listen, but won’t be able to speak unless specific access is granted ahead of time.
- Testing Matrix for v1.14 release: [v1.14 beta] - Flight testing & Flight Issues (logs) · Issue #21358 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- v1.14 Release outstanding issues: PX4 v1.14 Release · GitHub
- Forum utilization todos: How to utilize Forum more (and less Discord)
- Optical flow: Pre flight failure with Optical Flow on Ground · Issue #20929 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- Currently seems to have been resolved in beta
- Needs more discussion with daniel to get it resolved?
- Multirotor 100% thrust: Random 100% Thrust · Issue #20275 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- Issue was from v1.13, so not certain if the 1.14 beta is affected.
- This is also vehicle dependent, and could be replicable via simulation by reducing the mass of the system.
- Failsafe flight task issue fix proposal: Add descend task to failsafe fallback to avoid "Failsafe task activated" by MaEtUgR · Pull Request #21458 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- RTL regression for VTOL will be added to project board by silvan
- Default PWM setup: Currently users must set the minimum PWM value? to allow motors to spin. Reports were coming in.
We are adding a lot of different issue/PRs. But which criteria should we apply to constrain the list of features creeping in?
TODO: Only leave the release blockers.
- Used to have paid team doing these tests: Tests Flights | PX4 User Guide
- Having community tests: Generally hard to get.
- For now community usually
- Add ‘generic testing’ case in the matrix
- Ideally we would have some competition between users to compete to get more flight logs contributed
To get more help on testing, ramon can arrange a company to sponsor the components needed for doing a test.
- When actuator is not configured, warning will pop up in QGC
- How do we track what’s covered / what’s not?
- 1900 commits
- TODO: Get PR lists of the diff, get script from beat (markdown, csv output), and distribute tasks of sorting out the PRs
All the PRs that got introduced since v1.13 on Github UI: Pull requests · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
We should ask people to post on the forum if we actually have an answer. Then, we should reply on the forum.
Discuss forum can give a nice structured QnA discussions. We should encourage people to use public posts.
TODO: Encourage people to use forum more.
Why do we even have a discord? Why not just delete it and make forum the main source of discussion?
E.g. Development only chat? But this is also a tradeoff, and may discourage / negatively impact the development.
E.g. ROS had a culture of having support in the forum strictly.
TODO: Remove the ‘unnecessary’ channels (by which criteria?) / We should only keep ‘support’ in the forum
Maybe: Encouragement bot that pings users when they have a long thread, to instead post on the forum? Or, a bot that summarizes the thread and posts on the forum & links back to the thread.