- Community Announcement
- Community Q&A
- Project Updates
- General Discussions
Starting this week, we are trying out new initiatives in our weekly developer call, after a brief meeting between maintainers on January 30th. The meeting note can be found: Here.
- We are focusing solely on Community Q&A
- Anyone with questions or feedback should join (including PR review support)
- We are no longer having developer coordination discussions
- The team is moving those discussions to another meeting, which will still be public, but with a different format altogether
Why is this happening?
The team took a close look at the coordination and project management needed to take things to the next level, and decided it was for the best to continue with the Community Q&A, but also expand on a more focused coordination call on another day.
When is the new meeting happening?
We don’t know yet, we are hoping to find a day/time that works for most of the project maintainers (dev team), as soon as we know we will publish this meeting to the public calendar, and post an update on this channel
If you have any opinions / thoughts on this change, don’t hesitate to share them! Dronecode is always open for changes and new initiatives, and we just need your help to do that! This is just a small initiative we are trying
Are there any pain points / what PX4 and Dronecode can improve for the community?
- Specify what you are trying to achieve
- Specify what environment / platform you are using
- Prepare a Link or Document to help understand if possible
- First, ask the question on the Discord! or create a Github Issue!
- If you take over 5 minutes for the question, please continue in Discord or a Github Issue.
On a clean Ubuntu 22.04 image, installed dependencies. However, the Simulation GUI wasn’t working. And had to re-install simulator.
- nullpotent has logs (external Vision application, quadcopter), will share them via Issue.
- Issues with yaw slowly oscillating (Position flight mode)
- Preparing the Questions beforehand in the meeting note / Github Issue tags
- We can ask PR authors to join the call!
- Ludovic: wants to learn more about PX4 by joining the call
- E.g. Mavlink streaming, needed a call with Daniel to understand it better (Altitude balloon)
- Blog posts are helpful, Johannes MAVSDK tutorial (Dev Summit 2020) video, etc.
- Tutorial videos are great (Daniel), what’s on Youtube doesn’t cover all the getting-started part.
- There are lots of ‘development’ info, but starting as a beginner, the contents aren’t so relevant.
- E.g. setting the drone up with QGC, etc are tutorial that can be helpful.
- Ramon: We have Video team at Dronecode, and tutorials are def coming. Thanks for the feedback!
- Whole explanation on ‘ecosystem’ could be helpful as well (e.g. Pymavlink, Dronekit, etc). “What are the right ecosystem / tools to use?”
- Farhang: 6X test available
- 6X with Ethernet: works well (Alex)
- Trying out with DDS & Ethernet (and plotting via PlotJuggler live) is possible
Testing matrix (upcoming):
- Classifying sectors of PX4, and gamifying different tests
- ‘What should be tested’ isn’t clear now.
- We should heavily publish the ‘matrix’ for new releases, so that community can all test together - Alex
- It will be easier to differentiate the old ‘mixer file’ era, with dynamic control allocation.