PX4 Maintainers Call: June 13, 2023

:calendar: June 13, 2023

The maintainers meeting is a meeting for the developer team to coordinate on pressing issues and to plan the development of the PX4 Autopilot project, the community is welcome to join and listen, but won’t be able to speak unless specific access is granted ahead of time.

:selfie: Meeting Link

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Agenda

• Docker container discussion by Benjamino
  • v1.14 Release Note

:memo: Meeting Notes

Docker containers for PX4 - Benjamino

• We need ROS2 Humble (available on Ubuntu 22.04) CI test environment
  • Option: include Docker container definition in source (enough to run SITL, and build binaries) & update setup script. Remove Docker containers repository.

PWM changes - Matthias

Now people can setup the PWM devices, PR is up and suggest bringing it in to 1.14.

PR is here: Fix PWM/Oneshot calibration by MaEtUgR · Pull Request #21711 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub

And here: Default motor PWM configuration by MaEtUgR · Pull Request #21513 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub

Further discussion: Defining trigger points are challenging (currently info received via text through MAVLink).

Also, calibration should be handled in the PWM driver stage in the future, not in mixer module.

v1.14 Release

• After the PWM fix backport, we can cut the release candidate
  • Need to merge the backport PRs as well

v1.14 Release Note PR - Junwoo

PR: PX4 v1.14 release note by junwoo091400 · Pull Request #2574 · PX4/PX4-user_guide · GitHub

It is essentially markdown format of the release notes we collected in the excel sheet for the past month!

Pixhawk Adapter Board changes announcement

Schematics will be sent to members!

If time allows I’d like to discuss about having docker containers with Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy and ROS 2 Humble.
On the first of May, ROS 2 Foxy went EOL so it makes sense to move towards ROS 2 humble.
The next step would be setting up CI on Ubuntu Jammy to test test PX4 and ROS 2 integration, and after that we’ll update the documentation, moving from Foxy to Humble.

I know that most (or even all) of the SILT testing is run on Gazebo Classic, Ubuntu 20.04. But I think we can find a compromise.

2 Likes