PX4 Maintainers Call: May 23, 2023

:calendar: May 23, 2023

The maintainers meeting is a meeting for the developer team to coordinate on pressing issues and to plan the development of the PX4 Autopilot project, the community is welcome to join and listen, but won’t be able to speak unless specific access is granted ahead of time.

:selfie: Meeting Link

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Agenda

  • Outstanding v1.14 Issues

:memo: Meeting Notes

v1.14 Final rebase

Got rebased to main branch at the end of last week. Now no major features will be accepted to the release/1.14 branch.

v1.14 Issues

  • Ok with this minimal fix for now
  • If ESC calibration is active, only actuator test? signal will go through to actuators
  • Needs testing on FMU and IO, since they are slightly different.
  • In Actuator Test code, we need to make sure we have correct PWM values for calibration signal pulses

Duplicate RTCM issue

Optical Flow Issue

  • Currently trying to test with a user with HereFLOW

UAVCAN Button Issue

  • Potentially specification problem
  • Our safety button message has no time ‘held’ amount data
  • Prob not important for holding back 1.14

Multi EKF sensor priority

  • There’s priority in sensor hub level, and will prioritize to use external over internal currently

MacOS CI failure

  • MacOS CI is not working now for a while
  • They are stalling, because the runner is not being given by Github
  • For now we can skip MacOS CI for PR checks for now :checkered_flag:
  • To get better runner access, the organization needs to be ORG (PX4), and payment is proportional to number of people in the org.
  • Custom runner option: Prob not necessary for now? About self-hosted runners - GitHub Docs

Action Item:

Release todos


  • DSDL is updated now, how do we update libuavcan submodule?
  • Question: Who has the Dronecan hardware for the affected case anyways?
  • Some details need to be reviewed & finalized
  • Needs to be better tamper-proof in the definition
  • Fully locking the params part etc is up for discussion

Action Item: Need to get hold of mRO/Cubepilot hardware, make documentation for it. Ramon will purchase both of them

Stale bot bringup

  • Let’s do it, will reduce noise in the repo

Action Item: Bring back stale bot

Open Mic

Any topics to discuss?