October 16th, 2019
- Overall status update high level
- Status update by component
- What got merged last week
- What’s still in the queue for this week
- Release v1.10
- Community members who want to help
- Open section for the community
Meeting ID: 946 175 205
Join using your mobile/desktop
Call in using your phone, find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aetSYKbiMF
- Julian Oes
- Ramón Roche
- Daniel Agar
- Matthias Grob
- Bazooka Joe
- Jaeyoung Lim
- Jonas Vautherin
- Julian Kent
- Mark Sauder
- Silvan Fuhrer
- Yannick Fuhrer
- Jacob Crabill
- Working on v1.10 release and release blockers
- Changelog generated
- New beta out.
Comms - Beat /Julian
- Enable tunes via MAVLink: what about changing the tune uORB interface to the asci sound instead of notes?
- Semaphore fixes that Beat found should go in (https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/13204)
VTOL - Silvan
- Airspeed selector follow up. Hopefully should go into the release
- Control allocation discussion is happening, will be shared more broadly soon.
- Tailsitter initialization issue, follow up issue that we had in the past. v1.9 smooth takeoff was broken, thrust has to be zero when you arm for smooth takeoff. Therefore, setpoint is reset while disarmed, side effect for VTOL was fixed, now another side effect for tailsitter (https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/13210).
Daniel: can we run all controllers all the time.
Matthias: yes but we need to make sure no integrators wind up, and check some other corner cases.
Daniel: that way we can see the CPU usage.
- Fixed bank loiter fix: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/12778
Fixed Wing - Silvan
Multicopter - Mathieu / Matthias
- Attitude controller: refactoring: move rate controller out of module. Matthias found weaknesses in interface, and found that TPA is not used.
- Failsafe: if you lose baro, it is untested.
Matthias: solve it in both ways: controller should always do something sane, and not crash. But then also we need proper config in the state machine.
OS / NuttX
- SD card removed issue: SD card write() block indefinitely and make navigator stuck on reading the next waypoint: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/issues/12071
Commander - Julian
- Fix for RC failsafe disabled which lead to descend instead of hover in position: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/13130
- Fixes for Descend mode for no GPS and not RC: doesn’t fit into v2
Driver - Mark Sauder
- Mark: Tfmini+ is broken, Mark will check the Tfmini (standard)
- Mark: Basic functionality to have multiple instances of the lidarlite driver
- Daniel: Invensense 20602: new driver for SPI with max rate data at 4 khz accel, 8 khz gyro, good for airframes aliasing and clipping.
- SubscriptionBlocking -> will replace poll usage, and then we can deprecate old wrapper.
- ModuleBase to do multiple instances of modules cleanly, needs some more work.
- Temperature compensation.
- Events/temperature calibration: Jake helped move it to the side to save flash (16kB).
Avoidance - Martina / Tanja
- Added code coverage
- Moved models to sitl_gazebo because they depend on sitl_gazebo so it’s easier to update
- (Something else that I missed) @mrivi?
- ecl: gtest is added to write tests, without the need for Python tests
- Julian has PR for automatic differentiation: partial derivatives in EKF.
- Daniel: ecl Pytest: does anyone care? Julian Kent: Kamil is porting it to gtest.
Daniel: codecov is already available for ecl through Jenkins codecov.
MAVROS / RTPS / ROS2
Testing - Anthony
- Matthias: Arch install script is available.
Daniel: we should add a docker container and get it into CI.
- Matthias VSCode: VSCode is nicely set-up by Daniel now. And documented now.
- Daniel: VSCode on Windows: do work with WSL (except graphics)
What got merged last week
Top Posts on forums last week
What’s still in the queue for this week
This is the section where we discuss open PRs / Issues
-> Nothing this week, it’s all about the release
- What’s missing for release?
- Can we do a feature freeze now?
- Release branch, that needs to be continuously tested until release
- Master now becomes 1.11
- Can we tag the RC?
- Release team
- Release blockers: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/projects/17
- Tracked here: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/projects/17
- Land detector, what can we do? https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/issues/13124
BazookaJoe: probably there is no hotfix. However, when hovering it should not try to detect landing.
- High CPU usage on Cube with VTOL: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/issues/13149
Daniel: should we stay at a conservative rate control loop settings or change the default?
Mark: the default gains on a 250 frame are not great.
Mark: has over driven motors and burnt them out. Matthias: in that case the filtering is not set right and noise is amplified.
Daniel: takeaway, for now run rate control loop for VTOL at 400 Hz only.
- Holybro ESC: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/issues/13147
Matthias: “works for us”
Daniel: Saw one that probably got recalibrated somehow.
Julian: if we find something concrete we can get it into the release.
- Fixedwing pitch setpoints: Daniel: needs to check with Roman, if it can be wrapped up it will make the release, otherwise not
-> Aiming at creating the release branch end of this week! So, next week master is “open” again.
Community members who want to help
If any active community member would like to form part of the maintenance team please sign-up on the following form
Open section for the community
Mark: get_param, find_param PR for the release:
Notes by @JulianOes.