Possible to video stream via mavlink?

Hi guys,

I am trying to get the drone’s video stream via mavlink and found the following site: https://mavlink.io/en/services/camera.html#video-streaming

According to this site (if the drone/camera has the corresponding capability), one should be able to initiate the video stream (I don’t really see what kind of messages I would get in that case, but that is something I will deal with later) by sending a MAV_CMD_VIDEO_START_STREAMING (there is a disclaimer that it is work-in-progress, though), but grep-ing through the px4 source code shows that that message does not seem to be handled anywhere.

Am I missing something or is it just not possible (right now) to stream video via mavlink?

Best regards.

Hi there,

You need some kind of camera or drone which supports this. What is your drone where you’re trying this?

It is a Parrot Bebop 2

Right ok, so this feature is probably not implemented and you would have to add that yourself. At this point it’s probably easier to find out the IP and port and configure it manually in QGC (or wherever you need the stream).

Alright, thx.

I was afraid that might be the case, but it’s good to have some confirmation.