Killswitch with Joystick

Hi all,

I’ve been using a Joystick via QGC and it works pretty well. My one concern is that I had a vibration issue that caused the drone to believe it was not landed which, in turn, would not let me disarm. My only option here was to pull the battery, which isn’t very safe or ideal. Is there some way to add the killswitch functionality to the Joystick? I’d like a way for me to stop the motors without possibly-misled software having a say in the matter. Thanks in advance for any pointer.

-Jake

1 Like

Not currently possible. Can you put in a feature request into QGC GitHub?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I did, just now, realize that this is more a QGC thing than PX4. Will do.
Thanks again,
-Jake

FYI: For anyone else look at this. You can Emergency Stop a Vehicle by clicking “Armed” indicator in the toolbar.

Hello Jake, same request from my side. Has the feature been implemented? Have a good one, ProjectDrone2 team

It’s in latest daily builds. Along with the ability to assign joystick actions to multi-button presses. This way you can assign a kill switch to a combination of two buttons presses at the same time. You don’t want to hit a single button that is connected to a kill switch by accident. Safer to require two buttons for this. But up to you as to how you want to use it.

1 Like

The emergency stop you said is just forced disam so we can arm vehicle again, but manual kill switch supported by RC denie arming and power off ESC until user release kill switch channel.
Any solution for the fc status of ‘manual kill switch engaged’?

Is this still in the daily builds? I dont see a kill switch option for joystick and it would be useful for my project.