QGC - Using physical Joystick as main but still have RC to take over

Hello Community,

I’ve been trying to configure QGC V4.0.5 to use a Joystick as main in Position or Stabilized mode while keeping RC as backup for land command or kill switch.
But I didn’t managed yet to get it working :frowning:.
When I have the RC on then the throttle command from the Joystick is not working.
When I have the RC off then the throttle command from the Joystick is working but then I don’t have RC switches like kill switch.
Any clue how to have this setup working correctly?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

I don’t think you can mix the two sources.

And there is this parameter for your info: https://dev.px4.io/master/en/advanced/parameter_reference.html#COM_RC_IN_MODE

1 Like

Thanks Julian. I’ll give it a try tomorrow with COM_RC_IN_MODE set to 1. I need to figure out also how to allocate “Kill Switch” to one of the physical Joystick button. Have a good one

You can’t use both at the same time.

1 Like

Hello @DonLakeFlyer, how can I map one of Joystick’s button to kill switch?

Use the latest daily build

Got it. Works fine. Thanks!

hi,
can you give me some advise on kill switch programming?
thank you

Even with today’s most stable build resealed, I still don’t see a kill switch available for the Joystick as there is for the RC transmitter. What I see available is the emergency stop through the joystick but unlike kill switch, emergency stop also disarms.

Did you actually get a kill switch working on the joystick or is it the emergency stop you have available for the joystick?