I can only get the H520G to connect to QGroundControl via USB. Does anyone have to settings for QGC for setting up the WiFi link???
I do have the laptop connected to the E90 camera via wifi, but still no comm link. Do I need the remote attached? We tried this via usb, but does not show up as a viable device.
That’s odd, it should “just work”. Are you sure that you have auto-connect to UDP enabled?
Are you using UDP port 14540?
Regarding the WiFi connection: Sometimes there are problems with the Windows firewall as described her https://docs.qgroundcontrol.com/en/Support/troubleshooting_qgc.html.
Here’s what worked for me:
- Update to latest QGC
- Go to QGC > Settings > Comm Links > Add a communication link:
- Want to extend range?
- On a laptop attach and install an external long-range WiFi module
- I used Alfa AWUS036ACH, I’m currently getting 0.5 miles
- Add Live video streaming:
- Settings > General > Video >
- Video Source: RTSP Video Stream
- RTSP URL: (rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live)
- Go to Settings > MAVLink
- Change Mavlink Session ID to anything below 255, I used 200. This will fix the conflict between only having remote or QGC telemetry working simultaneously.