VTOL fixed wing preflight testing

System:
VTOL fixed wing generic standard airframe ( Mugin-4 Pro 4720mm H-Tail Carbon Fiber VTOL)
4 electric motors for takeoff and landing
1 Gas engine for cruise
cube black controller
Herelink
Qgroundcontrol

I need help with testing Flight controls and Gas Engine in airplane mode. I was able to test all motors for proper rotation and response to attitude. when I try to switch to airplane mode using transition button, I only get response from ailerons but not from elevator or rudder to the change of attitude. my other issue is how to control the gas engine on ground for testing purposes (Throttle servo is connected to AUX 5 channel).
if you need any further info let me know. your help is much appreciated

1 Like

Just out of curiosity and just for dibs, change your airframe type to QuadRanger and see if there’s any effect, i.e. all controls and throttle respond.

Good luck.

I have found out the solution:
in order to have full transition to airplane mode (hence: you can manually control the airplane engine) you need to switch to the airplane mode on your transmitter and then blow against the pitot tube for the aircraft to think that it is now moving forward and it is safe to turn of the VTOL motors before giving you control in the full airplane mode.