VTOL Back Transition

Hi Folks,

Currently I’m using a FW VTOL 1.14.0 Dev PX4 firmware, in which I was trying to make an autonomous mission with a multiple rally points and trying to land the aircraft using Rally point land. Whenever I try to engage the “Rally Point Land” option in a waypoint mission, the aircraft trying to perform a Orbit around the current waypoint and head out to the Rally point again it performs a Orbit around the rally point, during the Orbit the aircraft tries to perform a Back Transition and tries to Land in VTOL mode.

I’m expecting the aircraft to perform the VTOL Back Transition in a Straight path, I’ve tried to tune all the parameters, but the results were not fruitful.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you.

Let’s see if @sfuhrer can help.

head out to the Rally point again it performs a Orbit around the rally point, during the Orbit the aircraft tries to perform a Back Transition and tries to Land in VTOL mode

It should loiter around the rally point until it has descended to RTL_DESCEND_ALT, then start flying towards the center (rally point) and trigger the transition once close to the landing point (transition distance depending on current ground speed and the expected deceleration VT_B_DEC_MSS).
If you experience it transitioning during the loiter then likely your set loiter radius is too small. See param RTL_LOITER_RAD.

1 Like

Thank you @sfuhrer it worked.