V1.3.0 beta testing

[quote]

• @value 0 Disabled
  • @value 1 Loiter
  • @value 2 Return to Land
  • @value 3 Land at current position
  • @value 4 Outback Challenge (OBC) rules *[/quote]

Thx a lot, appreciate those FS options as well as the coming up battery FS, I even forgot about.

Update Issues:
1: Edit , wrong, older version

2.Parameters arenĀ“t complete, some are missing (no matter if Android QGC or Win7) I would care less, but the related Warning messages are covering part of the screen during flight. (After connection loss and re-gaining)

3.Battery warning (or another annoying alarm) appears by chance if supply is done by USB, which wasnĀ“t the case before. Not always but often. Annoying. Accumulated consumption still shows obvious nonsense (ACSP5)

4.New Failsafe option page including Bat. looks awesome, but isnĀ“t assignable yet. (Understand its in progress) Btw. Its not scrollable @my 5" phone.(Other stuff is,which is great)

Edited former version !

Issues from above with QGC daily, recent Master, both installed an hour ago. Pixracer/F450/Win7/Android @ 5" (My usual test config)

You need to use current QGC daily and current PX4 master for this to work.

My english is too bad. Thought recent is current As I wrote, I updated both one hour ago. The ā€œoutdatedā€ warning appears anyhow since a couple of days.

PS: Shame on me. Did another update. I must have indeed accidentally used an older version.

Other issues remain, accumulated consumption erratic numbers are back again.

Got it. Let me fix that.

Ok, issue found and fixed. Let me know if it behaves if you re-flash PX4 master now.

Thx ! Incredible fast fixes. IĀ“m delighted.

Still have to check the Throttle FS settings of my TX (not PX4 related), because PX4 is recognizing PWM raise (instead of drop), when I turn the TX off.

Accumulated Consumption erratic values are gone as well.
Remaining question is the RC RSSi Status, which keeps telling me 100% even if the Tx is turned off.

2 proposals:

1 Low battery is only offering RTL or No Action.

As often accidentally experienced by beginners, RTL action is sometimes critical @ low battery,

so there should be the options Warn and LAND @ current location as well.

2 Turn off low battery warning, when vehicle is connected on USB. Sometimes IĀ“m playing with PX4 in my office and its waking up all my c. , until I connect a battery.

Done, both is now on master and available in a few minutes. Testing would be appreciated.

@LorenzMeier

Is there much left that needs to be tested on 1.3 beta and if not when is it planned released?

This is achieved now, thx ! Battery FS options are still No Action and RTL

@gervais QGC will only get new meta data if you flash PX4 through it.

Thx,that was the reason, wrong order. Re-flashed again onto a fresh QGC et voilĆ  :slight_smile:
Working !

@gervais
How can you tel that? No PWM values are shown in px4, or do I miss something?

Tested today with current GQC and PX4 Master Build. I noted the following issues:

• CBRK_SUPPLY_CHK can not be engaged once Arming was denied due to Low Battery. Reboot is needed. -> Found the issue. This really needs a Reboot! But this info is only written to the Popup Window and not in the Messages Log of QGC! If other Warnings Popup at the same time this Information may get lost. Still there is IMHO a Bug. If I set the Circuit Breaker PX4 would deny arming due to low Power (at 67% Voltage) if disabled I can arm! If disabled still sometimes it would not allow arming even when Voltage around 50% in disarmed state.
  • The new Safety Configuration Window causes a major headache on Mac OS X since it is almost impossible to scroll below RTH Settings. Same issue also happens with Parameters on small Screens like MacBookAir 13" and smaller. Please rearrange the Layout.
  • Setting Throttle Hover and/or Manual Min Throttle in Tuning Tab to Mid values causes really small Values being written to the Parameters MPC_MANTHR_MIN = 0.05% / MAN_THR_HOVER 0.5%. I suspect faulty dividers when calculating Percent Values from the Slider Position.
  • Once after rebooting I was asked to press the Safety Switch first which I did not even connect to Pixracer and never used before.
  • Naming conventions are not consistent if really the same is meant: ie. Safety Triggers call it ā€œLand at current Positionā€ while in Geofence (IMHO) the same Action is called ā€œTerminateā€.
  • Could not yet get the Current Reading or Consumption to work properly - neither on AUAV-X2 with ACSP4 nor Pixracer and ACSP5, but that may be a local Problem :wink: At least not random Values anymore.

Still there are many improvements I like just a few things above have some impact on my general trust in the Stack as it sometimes behaves a bit erratic.

Radio page,Channel monitor, where you can see the dots moving. This is not exact, but you see what happens.

Would be nice to have a PWM values preview on ā€œRadioā€ page for each main PWM channel (1-4).

Thanks Andreas!

The main reason your experience with this is different that you moved from being a normal user who flies stuff that has gone through several testing cycles to the frontline.

The upside is that youā€™ve helped to identify a number of issues, and Iā€™ve fixed them already:

• The scroll pane for the safety config will fill the whole screen. Right now you have to have the mouse in the center to scroll
  • We will make the reboot mandatory after changing critical params
  • The battery estimation (which is a reworked code part) had a bad initialisation sequence - now it will behave much better
  • The throttle hover settings are fixed in the next QGC daily build. This is a QGC side issue where I missed to update everything consistently
  • On the naming convention: Terminate is TERMINATE! For non-native english speakers: That means to kill the plane. As we saw that coming the circuit breaker is set so it will not actually terminate the plane.
  • Current reading and consumption work flawlessly with Pixhawk. If it doesnā€™t work with AUAV gear its because AUAV doesnā€™t actually ship us complete kits but mostly prototypes of autopilots. We have a very hard time maintaining their power modules, as we tend to get them only after they have reached the market and not in sufficient quantity to put them on all our test systems. @PKocmoud

It would be great if you could test the next QGC daily build on the weekend with current master. It might still have rough edges but the things you found here should be addressed.

Yes this would be ideal

I just pushed an improvement of the land detector to master. More test flights would be great, we seem to be really close to be able to call it done now.