Unstable hover - large craft

Hi All,

I’m currently in the process of moving one of my large craft (30in props) over from arducopter onto PX4.

(Pixhawk Cube, TMotor Alpha 60a ESCs, 12S battery, 30in Props)

June 8th

I have spent a couple of days tuning the craft’s PIDs from the stable ones I had in Arducopter as a starting point but still notice oscillations during hover and regular flying.

I am new to PX4 it’s IMU filtering options and am wondering if this could be a vibration issue as well as an issue with the PIDs that I am currently using?

I have been changing the following along with PIDs:

IMU_GRUO_CUTOFF
IMU_DGYRO_CUTOFF
IMU_GYRO_NF_FREQ
IMU_GRYO_NF_BW

This craft flew stable in arducopter when the proper vibration filtering was set so I am almost positive there is not an issue with the craft itself.

If someone could take a look at a log and help point me in the correct direction that would be greatly appreciated!

Hi! I am tuning a very similar platform to yours. What IMU_gyro_cutoff and Dgyro_cutoff parameters have you set on px4? do you care to share your relevant parameters? Thanks!

Hello,

From the log @Devin_Host shared, looks like they’re 55Hz and 30Hz respectively for gyro_cutoff and dgyro_cutoff

Hello @Devin_Host,

I don’t know if you are still troubleshooting your problem, but I notice a large peaks around 40Hz and 60Hz in your log under Actuator Controls FFT. I think something may have been loose on your airframe causing a low frequency vibration.

Typically you would want something lower for your IMU_GYRO_CUTOFF and IMU_DGYRO_CUTOFF for a bigger airframe like yours.