Rover doesn't move in mission mode

Hi everyone, I built a rover but I have problem with the mission mode, when I arm the vehicle it doesn’t move, although no alert message pops up. The mission is composed only of waypoints (no takeoff points) with the height set to 0. By using the MAVLink Inspector I can see that SERVO_OUTPUT_RAW stays constant (1475 us) when I’m in mission mode. I have the same issues with position and hold mode; I move the vehicle by hand but there is no correction from the motors. However, the manual mode works perfectly.

I work with px4 mini and Qgroundcontrol
I am using the master branch of PX4:

System ID : 1

Airframe type : Rover

Firmware version: 1.10.1Beta

I tried the Traxxas Stempede vxl 2wd airframe with the same issues…

Thanks in advance for any help or hints

@fabien-fournet I have the same issue, did you find a solution?

This got fixed in the latest build. It turns out that the NAV_LOITER_RAD parameter (which is the minimum distance between waypoints was defaulted to 50m, which is fine for planes but way too large for rovers. So it would loiter (or hold in the case of the rover) if the next waypoint is less than that from the current position. Set that to 1 and it should work.

A more appropriate default is going in the next release. The hotfix is here

BTW, most of the discussion on this is in Slack, not here: https://px4.slack.com/archives/CJ1AJ8YQZ/p1613071877062100?thread_ts=1612178954.028100&cid=CJ1AJ8YQZ

1 Like

Hello, I’m trying to implement autopilot into a full scale farm tractor. I want to use only one autopilot output to control the tractor steering wheel (without throttle). I prepared the appropriate motor with gearbox and driver. I am able control the motor manually from the qgc or or with using RC transmitter. I set up the mission with standard waypoints at altitude 0, the mission is activated in qgc but there is no reaction on the autopilot outputs. The firmware I am using is 1.14. I also tried to load older versions eg. 1.12, 1.13 but with no changes. I tested it on different hardware versions - fmuv2, orange cube pilot etc. and stil no reaction on the outpus. Maybe there is someone who could give me some advice and suggest where to look for the problem? The solution presented here doesn’t work for me:/