Reading a Waypoint's Location

Dear All, @bresch , @JulianOes, @rroche , @sfuhrer

I want to read a specific WP(ID: 2) location (lat/lon) in global frame from the mission plan. However couldn’t find a simple way to do this. Could you help me about how I can read it in the source code?

Best regards!
Ozan

@ozanyuceol what have you tried so far? can you please give more detail into what you are trying to achieve and where it will be running?

@rroche thank you for your response!

FixedwingPositionControl.cpp generates a virtual target location which is 3000m ahead the current heading when forward transition starts. I want to gather a specific waypoint’s latitude and longitude, then set _transition_wp(0) and _transition_wp(1) with these values.

A waypoint is a landmark that serves as a point of reference for our location and direction. Waypoints aid in navigation whether we’re walking, driving, sailing, or flying. Waypoints have served as landmarks for a very long time, such as rock formations, springs, mountains, and roadways. Waypoints are still used today to reference physical features. Natural landmarks, such a tree, can be utilised as waypoints. They may also be artificial, like a billboard. Waypoints can also be actual objects that house navigational equipment, such as satellites in the sky or buoys in the sea. These kinds of waypoints are employed for data collection. An ocean buoy can convey data about the waypoint’s water temperature, salinity, and chemical composition.