Who’s at the meeting
- Jinger Z.
- Lorenz Meier
- Ramón Roche
- Julian Oes
- Daniel Agar
- Nathan T.
- Willian G.
- Arnaud T.
- David Sastre
Intro to the call and immediate future of the project
We need to have a scope discussion, we are trying to do everything for everybody, It’s impossible to keep up for maintainers and any supporting organizations. We need to work towards a core set of things and align resources. We need to do a team effort to help with the maintenance of the project.
There are a few things that we noticed that need to be taken care of. We have some technical debt in the architecture and the usage of git (version control) which leads to QGC being very hard to work with. No clear architecture patterns. Leading to problems with downstream adopters and blocking upstream contributions. We need to stabilize the QGC development process. Code reviews, releases, pull requests, and issues.
- We set clear expectations on the issue tracker
- We work through immediate issues on the latest release
- Understand all the individual intentions from the contributors, see if we can work together while we stabilize in 4.1
Most Pressing Issues
- Instabilities on the video Pipeline --> Define the pipelines we are supporting, how to test. (Arnauld to talk to Andrew and Patrick to de-feature and stabilize video pipeline)
- Hardware - Manufacture can fine-tune for their own device
- White-list the good configuration (@dagar)
- Integration of gStreamer and Qt (@dogmaphobic)
- Get a logic out of Qmxl
MAVLink Standard Test Suite: https://github.com/Auterion/mavlink-testing-suite