- Community Announcement
- Community Q&A
- General Discussions
Some ideas for talks:
- Gazebo models
- ROS2 - PX4 integration
- Vibration tuning guide (Gyro filter, Hardware design, etc)
- Specify what you are trying to achieve
- Specify what environment / platform you are using
- Prepare a Link or Document to help understand if possible
- First, ask the question on Discord or create a Github Issue!
- If you take over 5 minutes for the question, please continue in Discord or a Github Issue.
When RTK is being lost, the GPS altitude jumps very quickly, leading to abrupt motions of the drone, which is not desirable.
First, the telemetry radio was used for sending RTCM, but obstructed signal when drone went behind a house was problemetic. Then, tried Internet connection for correction, but connectivity isn’t guaranteed at all times.
Proposition: keep the RTK correction, even when the RTK correction data is not being received, instead of removing the correction immediately.
- Using Barometer as primary source didn’t improve so much. Will try again.
- GPS is the one doing the correction, based on the RTCM data (with phase shift information), so computing the offset itself within PX4 isn’t so simple.
- As quick solution, we could sense when RTCM message is lost, and use barometer for height source, then apply back the correction when the RTCM is regained.
- We could also check more on GPS velocity for detecting the GPS altitude jumps that’s invalid
- For DJI, when RTK is lost drone hovers and needs to land. But ideal case would be to handle the RTCM loss invisible to the operator.
- Check F9P module documentation, it talks about the time sensitivity of corrections.
Summary: We can have the issue for the safer
Another issue (secondary GPS didn’t take over when primary one failed):
Should the ADSB sensor reading indicate itself under QGC ----> Mavlink inspector menu as the mavlink start command( mavlink start -d /dev/ttyS4 -b 57600 -m minimal) is provided for the ADSB to commence.
Can we check anything about adsb in mavlink inspector?
Answer: Yes, enable MAVLink forwarding for the port wanted. And it should be visible in MAVLink inspector.
Also, if ADSB is working, it should show on https://flightaware.com/, if you want to check whether it’s working.
Answer: Daniel will go through quickly, and should be good for merge as it’s driver only.
Backport PR for 1.14 will be created by Daniel.
Is Rover offboard control working?
Will test and report back on.