Problem with baudrate telemetry configuration

I wish a more fast communication between px4 and Mavros. In order to solve this issue, I decided to increase the telemetry link baudrate.

Aiming to solve this, I followed https://docs.px4.io/en/peripherals/serial_configuration.html but I hadn’t success. When I change the link baudrate to 115200, I can’t access the drone via telemetry. The QGroundControl only displays: “Waiting for Vehicle Connection”. I tried to follow the link (above) and I changed these parameters (aiming to change the baudrate link):

SER_TEL1_BAUD - from “57600” to “115200”
MAV_0_RATE - from “1200” to “115200”
MAV_0_MODE - from “0” to “1” (normal -> custom)

If there’s something wrong in this procedure, please, tell me.

Notice the telemetry link works well if the SER_TEL1_BAUD is 57600.

Which radio are you using? Some might not support baudrates higher than 57600.

Hello Julian, thanks for reply me.

The radio model is: 3DR Radio Telemetry Kit 433Mhz Module Open Source for APM 2.5 2.6 2.8

If this radio doesn’t support baudrates higher than 57600, could you recommend me any model? Thanks!

Ok, as far as I know this only supports 57600.

@JulianOes

I would have a follow up question with respect to the radio baudrates. First, if I understand correctly the MAV_X_RATE should be set at a maximum of one 10th of the serial rate. Right?
Hence, to increase the bandwidth of a telemetry link you could increasing the baudrate of the radio. Such as with the RFD900 which default at 57600 but can go to 115200. From your experience, are there downsides to do that?
Additionally, should the airrate of the radio be modified as well?