Pixhawk 2.4.8 Motors won't spin

My New Year’s resolution is to finish a F450 quadcopter kit with a Pixhawk 2.4.8 that I purchased a couple years ago with no instructions. I muddled thru it and it is now completely assembled and calibrated including my “normal” SimonK 30A ESC in mission planner. The motors are Readytosky 2212-920kv.

I purchased a Radiomaster TX16X and setup it successfully.

I am also able to successfully arm the quad by pushing the safety switch and placing the TX16X throttle down and to the right.

The motor test runs for the duration I specified in mission planner but I cannot get them to rotate whatsoever.

I measured approx. 12V (3S battery) to the ESC’s and the connections to the flight controller are correct and were verified numerous times.

I loosened the bolts holding the motors down to insure they were not locked but nothing improved.

I have no idea how to proceed! Any ideas?

I figured out what was wrong. I found the throttle % in motor test and bumped it up to 7 and everything works!

If you’re using MissionPlanner you’re likely using ArduPilot and not PX4, so for questions I’d ask in discuss.ardupilot.org.

Thank you very much. I didn’t realize that.

1 Like