Parameters are missing from firmware!

I wrote my own airframe, compiled, uploaded, and even made all preflight check light turn green, but I still cannot pass preflight check and make the servo and motor work.

The error message is always EKF Yaw error, which I know is inconsistent between GPS compass and built-in compass, so I glued these two together and did all calibration again and again, and the error still shows up there.

Finally, when I drag and see if there are any other error messages, I saw this:

Parameters are missing from firmware: and then repeatedly showing the follwing 4 parameters:

-1:MPC_MANTHR_MIN
-1:MPC_THR_HOVER
-1:MC_ROLL_TC
-1:MC_PITCH_TC

I believe this is the problem, because when I define the configuration file in init.d, I ignored the whole trunk of vehicle-specific parameters section.

Could anyone explain this 4 parameters’ relationship with EKF Yaw Error to me? What is that -1:? and How to set them up? Thank you very much!

I think the parameter error is separate from the EKF yaw. Which version of the firmware did you compile?

What’s in your custom airframe? Did you call the rc.mc_defaults?

1 Like

Thanks, I believe you hit the point.

The version I compile from is the newest version 1.7.0

I didn’t call rc.mc_defaults.

How to solve the EKF error?

Here is my flashing message from QGC

QGroundControl can upgrade the firmware on Pixhawk devices, SiK Radios and PX4 Flow Smart Cameras.
All QGroundControl connections to vehicles must be disconnected prior to firmware upgrade.
Please unplug your Pixhawk and/or Radio from USB.
Plug in your device via USB to start firmware upgrade.
Found device: PX4 FMU V2
Connected to bootloader:
Version: 4
Board ID: 9
Flash size: 2080768
Downloading firmware…
From: /home/xu/WorkPX4/NX2-002fw/Firmware/build/px4fmu-v3_default/px4fmu-v3_default.px4
Download complete
MAV_AUTOPILOT = 12
Successfully decompressed parameter_xml
Successfully decompressed airframe_xml
Successfully decompressed image
Erasing previous program…
Erase complete
Programming new version…
Error: Flash failed: Get Command Response: Timeout waiting for bytes to be available at address 0x001136c0
Upgrade cancelled

If upgrade failed, make sure to connect directly to a powered USB port on your computer, not through a USB hub. Also make sure you are only powered via USB not battery.

QGroundControl can upgrade the firmware on Pixhawk devices, SiK Radios and PX4 Flow Smart Cameras.
Found device: PX4 FMU V2
Connected to bootloader:
Version: 4
Board ID: 9
Flash size: 2080768
Downloading firmware…
From: /home/xu/WorkPX4/NX2-vtol2/Firmware/build/px4fmu-v3_default/px4fmu-v3_default.px4
Download complete
MAV_AUTOPILOT = 12
Successfully decompressed parameter_xml
Successfully decompressed airframe_xml
Successfully decompressed image
Erasing previous program…
Erase complete
Programming new version…
Error: Flash failed: Get Command Response: Timeout waiting for bytes to be available at address 0x0011f900
Upgrade cancelled

If upgrade failed, make sure to connect directly to a powered USB port on your computer, not through a USB hub. Also make sure you are only powered via USB not battery.