Newbe! Lots of learning and reading about the Pixhawk 4

Hi Folks,
I just got a new PX4 Flight Controller kit sold by Holybro as well as a set of their Telemetry radios V3.
Right now I was wondering if there is doc’s on the meaning of the flashing led’s on the GPS module.
I missed it or?
I have been reading and I think that found out how to setup the Telemetry radios to work with Qgroundcontrol and the PX4…
I still not sure how to find the firmware updates for the PX4 as the build number on my QGD seemed to be lower than what is being talked about.
Trying to get a new flight control system and a set of new FrSky RC radios and the drone build has me real busy debugging things.
Thanks for all the info on this site.

Hilltopmike

Hello there! I’m in the middle of the same build with the X500, I’m very interested in helping one another get past the questions on this!

I’m not fully sure of the lights on the PGS but I hadn’t had a need to look into them further yet. The two telemetry radios with the kit are simple enough, plug one into TELEM1 on the PX4, then the other uses the USB cable to plug into your laptop and finish the setup with QGROUNDCONTROL (QGC).

I’m currently stuck trying to get QGC to slowly spin the motors so I can see which way they’re spinning.
I have the FrSky Taranus QX7S and I am wondering if the left joystick is supposed to be in the center when I calibrate it, or if it starts at the bottom (which is where I started when I calibrated it, I’m thinking it’s wrong though). I can hit the arm button on the GPS and then manually arm the drone with the Taranus TX but if I then push the left joystick up I get some unexpected vibrations. So I’m working out the bugs…

Best of luck and hopefully we get past out challenges soon with the community here!