New Android Controller by SIYI

Hi Mike
No extra sensor is required in VD32RX to read flight battery voltage. The receiver does it. If you really need an extra sensor, you should use the UART port on VD32RX for data transfer. The port is default for Telemetry. Any sensor that supports the port is ok. Not sure if a firmware change is required, this is what you start with.

Since I don’t have an AK28 yet, I can’t try that out.
What is being transmitted or displayed in the transmitter AK28 by the receiver?

Voltage (flight battery / receiver)
GPS coordinates
Number of satellites
Distance from copter (TX to RX)
Altitude
Reception strength (RSSI)

First, please make sure that your FC can read all data above and use Mavlink protocol
Secondly, the data are common, AK28 radio system will transmit.
Thirdly, the data will be displayed in QGroundControl.

My FC (Dropix v2) is 100% compatible with Pixhawk. The Mavlink protocol is fully supported and communication should therefore work.

Then I see no more issue. Any other doubts?

SIYI
Are there other antennas for the VD32RX that are smaller?
If so, do they have the same range?

Since I have several copters, I would need 1 x AK28 and 2-3 x VD32RX + cameras. In the shop mentioned above there are VD32RX + cameras but not individually.

Where can I get a replacement battery for the AK28 transmitter (you can’t find one in the various shops)?

We do have small rubber antenna, picture attached. Range is very much the same.

Already added a link for VD32 receiver, kindly have a check. You can select “Rubber Antenna” to get the small one.
SIYI Aliexpress - VD32 Receiver
*Please note that AK28 is not like usual RC Radio Systems, so far you cannot save receiver settings easily in transmitter for switching among different receivers. You will need a special firmware and PC software for that. We understand that the best solution is an Android application, but it is not likely to be done in the short future.
*Please also note that you will get a discount according to your purchasing list and discount in shipping cost if they are going to be shipped together. Welcome to start an order, BUT DO NOT PAY until your discount is operated by our team and is shown in your cart.

The link for battery will be listed a bit later.

Thanks for the feedback.

For now I would like to order 1 x AK28 bundle. Only the transmitter, receiver and camera are shown in the shop. Is there a bag, the upgrade tool, a charger and a transmitter belt included (like in this example image)?
Screenshot - 21.01.2021 , 09_18_22 Screenshot - 21.01.2021 , 09_17_06

That’s right. You will get all of these items.

Is there also a CE marking (declaration of conformity) for the AK 28?

Do you still have to confirm the discount?
Otherwise I would place an order this week.

Thank you very much!
I’m afraid that for one unit, it is the best price we can offer at this moment. And we’ve just discounted on caculating shipping cost to make it more reasonable.

Maybe there are still customs fees (because not EU> delivery to Germany)?
I think that depends on how the delivery is sent.

Order has been placed …
I hope the delivery gets through customs without any problems.

1 Like

Thank you, Mike.
We’ve had lots of experience shipping to Germany and will double check it with you before delivery.

Does the AK28 transmitter have a CE mark (declaration of conformity)?

Yes and kindly have a check! It is also posted in SIYI Aliexpress Store.

Great and thank you for providing the certificate. :+1:

I hope the AK28 bundle works for my purpose (biological pest control of the European corn borer > Trichogramma), as I imagine it. Maybe I can recommend it to my “work colleagues”.

Hello everyone,
has anyone ever connected a “normal FPV camera” to the VD32 receiver of the AK28 instead of the included camera? Would that even work?
Theoretically it should work, because you would only need the video signal and plus and minus. Can anybody confirm this?

Greetings Mike