How to fix jerky takeoff?

I’m using Pixhawk1 on F550 hexacopters. When I take off in manual modes like MANUAL, ALTITUDE, STABILIZED, I can take off with a smooth upward motion by slowly increasing throttle. However, when taking off in a MISSION mode, the drone suddenly jumps up and rolls sharply to the left, then regains control and goes straight up. I have three of these drones and they all do the same thing. It appears like the motor speed increases very quickly instead of slowly, causing this jerky condition.

I would like to fix this problem so that the drone takes off more smoothly in MISSION. Is this something that can be changed with PID tuning? If so, what is the approach to this and which parameters should be modified?

Any help is appreciated.

Joe

did you solved that issue bro ??

Can you please share flight log ?
You can upload here and share the link
Also, have you calibrated your ESCs?

Has this jerky drone movement been solved. i too have this on the latest px4 v1.13.2

I now start a mission by first taking off in Position mode then switching to mission when the drone is a few meters above the ground. This does two things: first it allows me to see if the drone is behaving properly before starting the mission, and second, it eliminates the jerky motion.

Also, I have observed that different versions of PX4 behave differently. Parameters are changed/added/deprecated, so its not possible to achieve consistent performance.

Joe

1 Like

how many satellites are required to get to position mode…