Hardware/Pixhawk Dev Call: Aug 18, 2020

Aug 18, 2020

Call Moderators

Agenda Items

  • UAVCAN Updates
  • Community discussion

Dail In

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

Learn more about Teams

Meeting Minutes

DS-015 Document

Document structure reorganization, it’s way more clear now, it follows steps logically

Physical Layer

We added the physical layer from the UAVCAN standard, into DS-015, with a few topology diagrams

The team is working directly with NXP on the implementation of the physical layer, prototyped BMS with UAVCAN (under development)

Owner
Perhaps, Pavel Kirienko
Stakeholders
Peter, Nuno, Pavel
Deadline
TODO: Check with owner/stakeholders on deadline

Message Set

Not a lot of updates, currently blocked waiting for feedback on ESC messages.
The messages went through a couple of iterations already by stakeholders (over the course of previous meetings), and things settled enough to create the following messages, which are in need of feedback from ESC implementors, manufacturers.

  • ESC Messages
  • ESCPowerCommand
  • ESCPowerCmdGroup
  • ESCComandType
  • ESCFeedback
  • ESCFeedbackGroup
  • ESCStatus
  • ESCFailure
  • ESCState
  • ESCSignal
  • ESCInfo

TODO: Create a post on UAVCAN forums requesting feedback for ESC messages

  • Looking for feedback from ESC control experts implementors and manufacturers
  • Feedback regarding, fields and rates

Owner
Pavel Kirienko
Stakeholder
Nuno, Scott, Peter, Daniel A.
Deadline
TODO: As soon as we can have a sensible feedback window and move forward with ESCs

Implementation on PX4

The PX4 implementation is an on-going project which needs constant validation by the progress on DS-015, here’s a quick update:

Port ID configuration
We are working on creating a “networking” configuration tool for UAVCAN subjects, this interface will expose some of the mechanisms needed for manual configuration, and to support pre-configured devices.

  • Register interface with subject info
  • PX4 CLI for manual config
  • 1st stage, manual configuration, and pre-configuration support
  • 2nd stage, automatic port id configuration
  • Currently waiting for C Serialization support on Nunavut

Owner
Daniel Agar
Stakeholders
Nuno, Pavel, Scott, David S.
Deadline
On-going project.

Community Updates

We are hoping to be as transparent as possible with the development process but it has been hard to track and to be on top of every sub-component. We will begin a deeper dive into topics during these calls and expose what is needed through the UAVCAN forums. We are also giving owners and stakeholders the ability to unblock progress by making decisions as required given due diligence to the community.

TODO: Look for feedback on project tracking from the community

Resources

DS-015 Standard

Previous Meeting Link


Errata and Feedback

Let me know below if I failed to capture anything the right way, and if there are any updates, or you have feedback on the call format.

Following up on one of the TODO’s from this meeting.