Create MAVROS based platform equivalent of DJI_SDK

ROS DISCOURSE w/video from prototype testing:

Sorry about the poor video; it sounds like I’m dying or something but the message should be understandable. Hope to hear from someone! I am reaching out to a variety of open environments at this time; I am open to the reality that DJI might have to be used for foreseeable future. Please help me adress this as objectively as possible. My impression is that DJI took the open source code and made it even better - especially in the commercial context. What would you guys say on the matter? (Preferably what would you guys do to prove me wrong :wink: )

What do you feel that the DJI SDK has that MAVSDK does not? We use both at 3DR and our apps support DJI and PX4-based vehicles the same and seamlessly. In my experience, the DJI SDK was harder to work with due to such limits at 100 waypoints, etc

"I am open to the reality that DJI might have to be used for foreseeable future."
MAVSDK and DJISDK are apples and oranges. You can’t use one instead of the other.
If you have a DJI product, you can’t use anything else, because the SDK itself is not really open source like PX4.
If you have a PX4 FC you can’t use DJI.

So I don’t really get what you want to happen.