Convert UDP video stream so that it can be viewed on local network

Hi all. I am working on the Gazebo sim with PX4 SITL for a project. As mentioned here, PX4 supports UDP video streaming from a camera sensor attached to the simulated vehicle. I tried to fetch the stream outside of QGroundControl in media players like VLC and MPV. The stream was working fine but the limitation is that it needs an SDP file every time to view the stream.

I also tried the following GStreamer command to view the stream and it worked.

gst-launch-1.0  -v udpsrc port=5600 caps='application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264' \
! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink fps-update-interval=1000 sync=false

All of this works fine but I wanted to know whether there is a way to stream the video to another PC (or mobile) on the same network.

One way would be to convert the UDP stream to an RTSP one and use that URL to view the stream. Although, I am not sure whether or how this can be implemented here.

I am new to this and I couldn’t find a solution to overcome this. Hopefully, someone here can help me out. Thanks!

Hi @dumblebee.

I won’t be able to give a solution for this, I am replying to this conversation for my own query. I just wanted to know how you have got the downstream of camera through the UDP port. My camera is connected to herelink air unit through ethernet, I am connecting the herelink controller to my laptop through UDP but I am not getting the camera stream (I get the camera stream on the herelink controller).
It would be really helpful to know your thoughts upon this.

Thank you.

What is the source of the video? You don’t have an IP address in your GStreamer command- is the source multicast possibly?