Video from RTSP not shown in QGC

I have a Raspberry Pi that is streaming video from an attached camera over RTSP. However, I’m unable to view it in QGC. In the settings, I’ve set the video source to “RTSP Video Stream” and the URL to “rtsp://192.168.1.112:8554/video.”

I’m confident that the video is streaming because I can view it in VLC or with gst-launch. The following command is used: gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.1.112:8554/video latency=0 ! decodebin ! autovideosink.

I also have GStreamer logs from QGC. Here are the links:

Debug logs (the file is quite large)

Info logs

However, I’m unable to identify the problem from these logs.

I forgot to mention that QGC initiates the stream and is indeed downloading it, but nothing is displayed. From the server GStreamer logs, I can see that the stream is initialized and that the other side is receiving the stream.

Hey,
Is this happening continuously? or you have stream at the beginning? And which QGC version is this? I cannot take a look at your logs now, that is why I am asking.

Yes, I haven’t been able to make it work at all. The version is 4.2.6, which should be the latest one. I think there might be a problem with the visualization. I mean, the stream is correctly received, but something seems to go wrong when it is rendered.

I was able to see the UDP test stream on an Android tablet. However, the same stream didn’t appear on my PC. I’m using Kubuntu 18.04. Could this issue be related to KDE?

Stream was generated with this command:

gst-launch-1.0 -v -m \
    videotestsrc ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! \
    x264enc tune=zerolatency ! h264parse ! \
    rtph264pay config-interval=1 ! \
    udpsink host=192.168.1.231 port=5600

Now, I’ve just tried it on Windows, and it’s working there. Both UDP and my RTSP server are functioning, and I can see the stream from the drone camera.

I can close this issue now. I’ve migrated to Kubuntu 22.04 and the visualization is working properly there.

1 Like