Connection problem with jmavsim

hi i am new to drone technology. i am using pixhawk board and want to simulate this using jmavsim and qgroundcontrrol.i dont have rc transmitter and receiver so i was installing jmavsim and i followed the same method as mention in the link https://pixhawk.org/dev/hil/jmavsim.but when at last i tried to run run i found thes error

anuj.gupta@CPU-291U:~/Downloads/project/jMAVSim$ java -Djava.ext.dirs= -cp lib/*:out/production/jmavsim.jar me.drton.jmavsim.Simulator -serial /dev/tty.usbmodem1 921600 -qgc
Options parsed, starting Sim.
Starting GUI…
3D [dev] 1.6.0-pre12-daily-experimental daily

libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for i965
ERROR: Failed to open MAV port: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - /dev/tty.usbmodem1; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port not found.

please help
thanks

after trying with some other commands jmavsim starts working but it doesnot connect with qgc showing the warning
thanks

Hi @Anuj_Kumar_Gupta

The link you mentioned is outdated, please follow these instructions:
http://dev.px4.io/simulation-sitl.html
http://dev.px4.io/simulation-hitl.html

Can you provide the full output & commands you are using?

Thanks for the reply …but had already gone through with this link
The full output is shown below
anuj.gupta@CPU-291U:~/Downloads/project/jMAVSim$ java -Djava.ext.dirs= -cp lib/*:out/production/jmavsim.jar me.drton.jmavsim.Simulator -udp 127.0.0.1:14550
Options parsed, starting Sim.
Starting GUI…
3D [dev] 1.6.0-pre12-daily-experimental daily

Init MAVLink

so why this warning came and jmavsim works fine without qgc…So is there any need of qgc and pixhawk???
thanks

The warning is related to your graphics driver, but if jmavsim shows up correctly, you can ignore it.
And you don’t need QGC or a pixhawk if you just want to do simulation. You need QGC for example if you want to plan & simulate a mission. So it depends on your goals what you need.

1 Like

Thanks …it clears my some doubt …Actually i want to fly in mission mode for 3dr diy quadrotor using qgc and pixhawk but i dont have any rc transmitter or rc receiver or joystick thats why i was using jmavsim but it doesnot connect with pixhawk . So is there any other way to do the same

If you want to actually fly, you don’t need jmavsim at all. You could use the virtual joystick in QGC, but I really suggest you start off with RC, until you have everything working and also for manual takeover.

Thanks for providing me the right direction. I will buy the rc but till then will you please tell me where is the virtual joystick is in qgc. Actually I didn’t find anything like that…
Thanks your replies are very helpful for me.

You’re welcome. It’s under Application Settings (the purple Q icon) -> General

Actually i tried with virtual joystick but it does go to the mission mode it says set flight mode command temporarily rejected even in manual mode when i gave throttle with joystick and tried to arm it says arming denied manual throttle non zero.pls help .
Mainly i am facing these issues

1. I am trying to fly in mission mode or position mode . I planned a
    mission but whenever i try to switch the flight mode to mission from
    manual it says “set flight mode command temporarily rejected” .

2. I dont have any rc transmitter or receiver so i am using a virtual
    joystick from qgc and i also set the parameter COM_RC_IN_MODE to
    joystick/no rc checks but when i tried to arm the vehicle in manual mode
    it says “armed denied : manual throttle non zero”.

3. i also connected the gps module but in flying tab of qgc it says “no gps lock for vehicle”
    Thanks