Connecting multiple vehicles to QGC

When I try to connect more than one vehicle to QGC via telemetry(Sik Radio),

I get this error: " QGroundControl was unable to retrieve the full set of parameters from vehicle 2. This will cause QGroundControl to be unable to display its full user interface. If you are using modified firmware, you may need to resolve any vehicle startup errors to resolve the issue. If you are using standard firmware, you may need to upgrade to a newer version to resolve the issue."

This happens every time. The first vehicle will always connect completely, the second vehicle and any vehicle after does not connect completely.

I am using QGC V 3.2.4 Stable
the PX4 has the latest firmware version installed

Has anyone else experienced this problem and was able to solve it?

Thank you,
Daniel

1 Like

Does each vehicle have a uniqye MAV_SYS_ID? Also do not change MAV_COMP_ID from default.

Yes, each vehicle has its own unique MAV_SYS_ID and their MAV_COMP _ID is the default value.

Does each vehicle have it’s own seperate radio?

Each vehicle has its own telemetry radio connected on telem 1 port of px4 board

Do you have multiple radios on the ground station side as well?

I do have a radio on the ground station for each on board radio, but I am only using one. Is it possible to do it this way? Or do I need to have a separate radio on ground with different net IDs as well for each vehicle? As of right now I have 5 on board radios with the same Net ID and they all connect to one ground station radio. The vehicles are differentiated by their MAV_SYS_ID

My guess is you are maxing out the bandwidth during parameter download from all the vehicles. Do you get the same problem if you connect one vehicle, what for param load to complete. Then connect another, wait and so forth.

Yes, I am giving plenty of time before turning on and connecting another vehicle. The most I was able to connect at a time with full parameters downloaded was 2 vehicles at a time.

Can you do this:

Attach console logs.

[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/QGCApplication.cc:259 - “Settings location “/home/daniel/.config/QGroundControl.org/QGroundControl.ini” Is writable?: true”
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/QGCLoggingCategory.cc:99 - “Filter rules “qt.network.ssl.warning=false\nLog.debug=false\nMAVLinkProtocolLog.debug=true\n""
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/Vehicle/MAVLinkLogManager.cc:359 - “MAVLink logs directory: “/home/daniel/Documents/QGroundControl/Logs””
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/QtLocationPlugin/QGCMapEngine.cpp:215 - “Map Cache in: “/home/daniel/.cache/QGCMapCache300” / “qgcMapCache.db””
[D] at qrc:///qml/QGroundControl/ScreenTools/ScreenTools.qml:117 - “0.05185185185185185”
[D] at qrc:///qml/QGroundControl/FlightDisplay/GuidedActionsController.qml:129 - “_activeVehicle(0) _vehicleArmed(0) guidedModeSupported(0) _vehicleFlying(0) _vehicleInRTLMode(0) pauseVehicleSupported(0) _vehiclePaused(0) _flightMode()”
[D] at qrc:///qml/QGroundControl/FlightDisplay/GuidedActionsController.qml:129 - “_activeVehicle(0) _vehicleArmed(0) guidedModeSupported(0) _vehicleFlying(0) _vehicleInRTLMode(0) pauseVehicleSupported(0) _vehiclePaused(0) _flightMode()”
[D] at qrc:///qml/QGroundControl/Controls/SliderSwitch.qml:74 - “47 56”
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/comm/MAVLinkProtocol.cc:413 - “Orphaned log file count 0”
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/comm/MAVLinkProtocol.cc:381 - “Temp log “/tmp/FlightData759307.mavlink””
[D] at qrc:///qml/QGroundControl/FlightDisplay/GuidedActionsController.qml:129 - “_activeVehicle(1) _vehicleArmed(0) guidedModeSupported(0) _vehicleFlying(0) _vehicleInRTLMode(0) pauseVehicleSupported(0) _vehiclePaused(0) _flightMode()”
[D] at qrc:///qml/QGroundControl/FlightDisplay/GuidedActionsController.qml:129 - “_activeVehicle(1) _vehicleArmed(0) guidedModeSupported(1) _vehicleFlying(0) _vehicleInRTLMode(0) pauseVehicleSupported(0) _vehiclePaused(0) _flightMode()”
[D] at qrc:///qml/QGroundControl/FlightDisplay/GuidedActionsController.qml:129 - “_activeVehicle(1) _vehicleArmed(0) guidedModeSupported(1) _vehicleFlying(0) _vehicleInRTLMode(0) pauseVehicleSupported(1) _vehiclePaused(0) _flightMode()”
[D] at qrc:///qml/QGroundControl/FlightDisplay/GuidedActionsController.qml:129 - “_activeVehicle(1) _vehicleArmed(0) guidedModeSupported(1) _vehicleFlying(0) _vehicleInRTLMode(0) pauseVehicleSupported(1) _vehiclePaused(0) _flightMode(Stabilized)”
[E] at qrc:/toolbar/GPSRTKIndicator.qml:108 - “qrc:/toolbar/GPSRTKIndicator.qml:108: ReferenceError: numSatValue is not defined”
[I] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/FactSystem/ParameterManager.cc:793 - “Parameters loaded from cache /home/daniel/.config/QGroundControl.org/ParamCache/4_1”
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/MissionManager/MissionManager.cc:859 - “inProgressChanged”
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/QGCLoggingCategory.cc:99 - "Filter rules "qt.network.ssl.warning=false\n
Log.debug=false\nESP8266ComponentControllerLog.debug=true\nMAVLinkProtocolLog.debug=true\n””
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/QGCLoggingCategory.cc:99 - “Filter rules “qt.network.ssl.warning=false\n*Log.debug=false\nESP8266ComponentControllerLog.debug=true\nMAVLinkProtocolLog.debug=true\nParameterManagerLog.debug=true\n””
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/MissionManager/MissionSettingsItem.cc:229 - “Setting home position QGeoCoordinate(30.3996, -84.2104, 10.596)”
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/FactSystem/ParameterManager.cc:427 - ““V:5” Request to refresh all parameters for component ID: “MAV_COMP_ID_ALL””
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/FactSystem/ParameterManager.cc:1080 - ““V:5” Retrying initial parameter request list”
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/FactSystem/ParameterManager.cc:427 - ““V:5” Request to refresh all parameters for component ID: “MAV_COMP_ID_ALL””
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/FactSystem/ParameterManager.cc:1080 - ““V:5” Retrying initial parameter request list”
[D] at /home/travis/build/mavlink/qgroundcontrol/src/FactSystem/ParameterManager.cc:1087 - ““Vehicle 5 did not respond to request for parameters. This will cause QGroundControl to be unable to display its full user interface.””

Are you still getting heartbeats from Vehicle 5? It’s just not responding at all to the parameter request.

I am receiving heart beat from the other vehicles. Occasionally, I lose heartbeat

Any idea what this might be? My main issue is that I cannot send missions over to the vehicles that are not “fully connected”

I’m still unclear on whether you continue to get heartbeats from Vehicle 5. It almost seems like it is crashing. If the parameter protocol won’t work. It’s highly unlikely the mission protocol will work. If you connect Vehicle 5 first then it works fine?

Yes, If i connect vehicle 5 first it works. This is the same for all 5 vehicles.

Can you move this into a GitHub Issue with details and then we can continue discussion there.

1 Like

Hi, I got a cuestion.

I want to connect an Arduino to QGC like an vehicle to be able of send it custom commands. it´s possible to do that? Use an arduino which is allways connected through a usb port like a second vehicle?

Thanks

Have you solved it yet?I have the same problem

now, you can easy multi vehiches with xbsation

https://product.xb-uav.com/stable-power-module