first of all I was redirected here from Github
(I need to have a flight log), but this happen in the calibration stage.
So, when I try to calibrate the compass, using QGroundControl, it errors with:
Start the individual calibration steps by clicking one of the buttons to the left. [cal] calibration started: 2 mag ERROR: out of memory [cal] calibration failed: mag
I found a similar issue on github (Out of Memory Error While Compass Calibration - Here2 CANBus · Issue #12536 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub), but it dates back to 2019, and I did not manage to understand how to circumvent RAM issues. I always get something like 95%,97% CPU load even if I’m only using GPS (telemetry and RC unplugged from FMU).
HW (NXP HoverGames Kit) (KIT-HGDRONEK66: NXP drone kit | NXP Semiconductors):
- FMU: RDDRONE-FMUK66 - Kinetis® K66-180 MHz, Dual High-Speed and Full-speed USBs, 2MB Flash Microcontrollers (MCUs) based on Arm® Cortex®-M4 Core (PX4 Robotic Drone VMU/FMU | NXP Semiconductors)
- Holybro Pixhawk 4 GPS (https://nxp.gitbook.io/hovergames/userguide/getting-started/drone-kit-contents#holybro-pixhawk-4-gps)
- QGroundControl (latest stable release 4.2.9)
- PX4 autopilot (latest stable release 1.14.0) uploaded via QGroundControl
Other things I tried:
- Calibrating from Windows version of QGC
- Unplugging all cables except GPS/Compass
- Restoring QGC and firmware options to default
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.