Dronecode is looking for testing partners. We are the open-source foundation that is supporting PX4, MAVLink, MAVSDK, and QGC. Our highly dynamic ecosystem and growing community is looking to expand its current testing capabilities and to increase our coverage to continue delivering highly reliable software releases.
Being a testing partner (team or individual) will help support the maintenance teams validating features, catching regressions. You will be creating test plans, flying the latest hardware and software in our ecosystem, and working with key leaders from our community.
Dronecode is offering to pay the partner a fixed price per test log (with a guaranteed minimum quantity order per month). You will be provided with the hardware and operation procedure guidelines to get started and get the job done.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate closely with open-source maintainers to meet test coverage goals
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
- Creating test processes, cases, and documentation
- Track and analyze test results to isolate and reproduce defects
- Validate hardware support and help track regressions
- Build and maintain a fleet of vehicles required for testing
- Going out to the field and testing a wide range of supported vehicles
- Give weekly reports on community channels
What we are looking for
- Access to an area where local authorities permit drone flight
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Good communication skills
- Experience operating drones
- Knowledge of QA automation architecture, methodologies, processes and tools
- Experience testing integrated hardware/software/cloud products
- Understand and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
What will set you apart from the rest
- Have contributed to PX4 and its collaborative open-source projects in the ecosystem
- Experience setting-up and maintaining multi-copter, fixed-wing, or VTOL
- Submission of applications by the community
- Application review by the PX4 Dev Team
- Interviews with approved candidates
- Selection of partner(s) and the start of the contract.
We are committed to finding the right partner, and unless we find the right candidates sooner, we will close the application process in 30-days.
How to apply
All interested parties, please submit your application through the form linked below. We require necessary information on the entity and qualifications, including your primary location, and your total fee per log (in USD).
Application Review & Interviews
Members of the PX4 Dev Team will review every application, only a selected few will pass through to the interview stage, but we reserve the right to choose more than one provider.
At this stage, we are reaching out to everyone who applied, and also announcing the selected partners to the community. Dronecode will announce the winners on a PX4 Dev Call, and through the official Dronecode Blog.
Have any questions?
Let us know below if there’s anything you would like to know before applying, or if we missed anything. You can also reach out to the dev team via Slack on the #dev-team channel. We will update this posting with relevant feedback from the community.