2 PixHawk, 2 Different firmwares. Looking to have 2 indentical setups

Good Day

Newbie to the Pixhawk scene and still pretty lost :frowning:

I have 2 Pixhawk autopilot units. think one is a 3DR Pixhawk PX4 (v2) auto pilot unit and the other may also be the same (looks the same)

They are definitely running different firmware and settings

Unit A shows up as:
APM: Copter V3.5.7 (b11c6af3)
PX4: b3535f874 Nutx: 1bcae90b

Unit B shows up as
AdruPlane V3.9.5 (45fa3913)
ChibiOS: d2030d88
Note: I believe I upgraded the firmware on this from within ground control

Basically, unit A is where I need to be at (Looking to have B as a copy of A)

From what I’ve read, the ChibiOS is the newer “base OS” which the Pixhawk autopilot runs on top of (Nutx is older OS which being phased out). Additionally there is a boot loader firmware which may also need to be updated from time to time. Sound Correct?

Questions

1. How to officially tell what Hardware and firmware versions are in use (I’m using ground control and looking at the log)…
  2. Is there a way to fully backup the Pixhawk (so that it could be restored back to the exact same state) - Ie. Its working, and I’m playing, and it no longer works as expected… Quick restore and I’m back.
  3. Is it possible to fully clone the Pixhawk from one unit to the other (firmware and parm settings, etc) so I can have 2 identical units
  4. Looking for the the older APM: Copter V3.5.7 (b11c6af3) firmware; but can’t seem to locate it. I’ve found release notes but nothing else. Any ideas? This is the version I need to be at for some testing
  5. What do the HEX references mean after the different components listed in the log. Version/Build Numbers?
  6. Is there any recommended reading that would provide a executive summary of the scene? IE. Terms, Different firmware forks, different hardware version, vendors, Optional pixhawk components, etc?

Any help is appreciated

Paul

G’day,
For assistance with ArduPilot firmware, please ask at discuss.ardupilot.org

Hi auturgy

I think I’m in the right area asI’m looking to remove the ArduPilot firmware (Unit “B”) and install the same firmware as in Unit A.

I believe the firmware on Unit A is from px4.io?

if I’m mistaken on the firmware t, do you have any ideas on how to determine the firmware and the source

Thanks

Paul

No. There used to be some shared “middleware” code, which is what you’re seeing indicated there, but that’s definitely ArduPilot firmware.
3.5.7 is here: https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/releases/tag/Copter-3.5.7

Hi Auturgy

I was hoping to be able to download a pre-compiled firmware without having to investigate a environment to compile it with…

Honestly kinda nervous about bricking the Pixhawk. Don’t have a firm grasp of everything (all kinds of questions bouncing around in my head that I’m unsure of the answers)

Thanks for the feed back. I’ve put something up in the ArduPilot forum today; but will also look on setting up an environment to compile with

Paul