What Pixhawk should I buy

I am trying to build an autonomous drone. After doing some research, I decided to go with Pixhawk. Nearly all the tutorials I saw were based on the Pixhawk or Pixhawk 2.4.8. However, when I went to buy it, I saw it was discontinued and that they had many newer modules available, going all the way up to Pixhawk 6C mini. Which one should I buy? Can I use the newest models and the mini versions of them with existing tutorials? Or do I have to find a tutorial written specifically for the model I choose?

I saw this post from a year ago which said to buy the Pixhawk 5 because the Pixhawk 6 “hasn’t yet been produced by a manufacturer.” Is that still the case? If so, which one should I buy?

They also recommended in that post to go with and older model for now to get familiar with it. If I did that, would my existing code work if I got the newest model later?

Thanks.

Hi Marin! If you’re planning to use ArduPilot you might want to ask over in discuss.ardupilot.org. This forum is for the PX4 autopilot software.

Regarding hardware, I can recommend any flight controllers that are based on the STM32H7 flight controller. The older Pixhawk and Pixhawk 2.4.8 are limited in terms of CPU and RAM.

Hi -

Thanks for your reply. What is the difference between the PX4 software and Ardupilot? Sorry, but I meant to say I had just decided on Pixhawk, not Pixhawk with Ardupilot. Is the standard software for the Pixhawk the PX4 software? If so, I’ll go with that. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. What is the difference between the PX4 software and Ardupilot? Sorry, but I meant to say I had just decided on Pixhawk, not Pixhawk with Ardupilot. Is the standard software for the Pixhawk the PX4 software? If so, I’ll go with that. Thanks.