I’m flying a large 28" propeller hexacopter and I’m getting high accelerometer and gyro noise:
The airframe is very stiff, including the arms. (this frame: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/drone-frame-long-flight-time-hexacopter_60749736827.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.16.56786d03wdEORd)
I have tried the usual things to reduce vibrations:
- I ran each of the motors individually (without props) to check if they are unbalanced and they run very smoothly. I also checked the balance of each prop and they are very well balanced. They are T-motor props and motors, which usually come balanced.
- I mounted the Pixhawk 2.1 using soft foam pads.
However the accelerations still seem high. Here are my questions:
- What is your judgement of the noise levels?
- Is this level of noise a safety concern?
- Do you recommend me playing with the filtering settings for the accelerometers and gyros?
- Is there anything else I can do?