My configuration includes a UAVCAN-based Power Module and it seems that a recent change to the UAVCAN driver causes the battery source to be automatically set to External which then seems to break QGC.
What I do is:
- Flash PX4 master (ff801fbc08e7b8453dd8c21768beceae591ea217) to a Pixhawk 2 Cube
- Open QGC Nightly
- Reset all parameters to their defaults
- Set Power Source to Disabled or Power Module or External (it doesn’t matter)
- Reboot and notice that the Power configuration page is ok (not red)
- Reboot again without changing any settings
- Encounter a message about missing parameters (BAT_V_CHARGED, BAT_N_CELLS, etc.) and a broken Power configuration page like in the attached screenshot.
- Notice that under Parameters the BAT1_SOURCE has been set to ‘External’
Since the power configuration is “broken” QGC will not allow take-off. This is also broken in QGC Stable (4.0.11) but in a slightly different way. And it’s also broken in the PX4 1.11 branch