Stream from HDMI input

Dear all,
I am trying to get inside QGC the streaming of a camera (Blackmagic Micro 4K) which comes inside of the pc through an HDMI input, which is given from a GPU Avermedia HDC985.

QGC detects the Avermedia HDMI input and propose it among the streaming option, but the video remains black and nothing else show up. I tried also to create an UDP stream with the HDMI input and reading it inside QGC with the UDP streaming option, but I get the same result.

I suspect the problem could be the HDCP protection, but I’m not sure and I don’t know how to be sure that the problem is this.

Do you have any suggestions? Does QGC have problems with HDCP? Is it possible to disable it somehow?

Thanks!
Giulio

Have a look at OpenHD

Thank you Barry for your answer. It seems that OpenHD works with WIFI, but I think it is not the best solution for me: I am dealing with an underwater vehicle, and the video is coming to my ground station with a cable.

Does anyone use HDMI input with QGC? Which stream format does it accept?
With USB wecams I have no problems and everything goes smooth. But when I used HDMI input does not: looking at the console output I get this error linked to the video:

[E] at :0 - “Failed to get the video control”
[E] at :0 - “Invalid viewfinder settings”
[!] at :0 - “[0x0] Failed to configure preview format (Operation completed)”
[E] at :0 - “Failed to get the video control”

It seems that the problem is not caused by DHCP protections, because the stream remains black even if I connect to the HDMI input the desktop output.

The same problem happen even if the input is taken from a GPU featuring a coaxial SDI input coming from the camera.