QGC grey gstreamer video

Hey everyone,
I’ve been having an on going issue with qgc and the gstreamer video stream being grey with the exception of the occasional frame coming thru…
I have tried this with the raspberry pi camera v2.1 and the logitech c920. Both with the same outcome.
I’ve tried these gstreamer pipelines:

With the raspberry pi camera:

Gst-launch-1.0 rpicamsrc preview=0 bitrate=600000 ! video/x-h264,width=640,height=480,framerate=39/1,profile=high ! h264parse ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port=5609

With Logitech c920:

Gst-launch-1.0 uvch264src initial-bitrate=1000000 iframe-period=1000 device=/dev/video0 name=src auto-start=true src.videosrc ! video/x-h264,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=24/1 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port=5609

Both work great in mission planner but i would rather use qgroundcontrol.

Im using QGC daily builds with the “UDP h.264 Video Stream” as video source

I’m using a raspberry pi 4b with verison usb730l 4g lte dongle on the aircraft.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions!

I have the same problem here. In the last version of QgroundControl for Android seems to have been corrected, but not in windows version.

Same issue here, any update on how to solve it?

@Jqkern If you are on linux, streaming video over to QGC with gstreamer works

Hi!
Yes, I am on Linux, and thanks for the reply!

I get the pipeline and the stream up and running with:
raspivid -n -w 1280 -h 720 -b 1000000 -fps 15 -t 0 -o - | gst-launch-1.0 -v fdsrc ! h264parse ! rtph264pay config-interval=10 pt=96 ! udpsink host=<remote_ip> port=5600

And I am using the standard raspberry pi camera on a raspberry pi 4 and streaming over 4g.

The issue is that most of the frames are grey and only a few of them comes through and showing the correct image. Is that something you might know how to fix?

Thanks in advance for your help!

@Jqkern This sounds like this is coming from your pipeline configurations, and also depends on which camera you are using .etc.

I am not sure what the correct configs should look like, but you can have a look at how you can configure your gstreamer pipeline correctly in the gstreamer documentation https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/

I suggest that you first play around configs on your laptop with your camera first to figure out what configurations work for you and then move on to rpi cameras than shooting in the dark with the pi

Having a glimpse at your pipeline, using fdsrc might be the wrong approach

Ahh, thanks for the tips!

I will try that :slight_smile: