The maintainers meeting is a meeting for the developer team to coordinate on pressing issues and to plan the development of the PX4 Autopilot project, the community is welcome to join and listen, but won’t be able to speak unless specific access is granted ahead of time.
- PX4 v1.14 release
- Discuss forum utilization
- Dockerhub is not abandoning open source projects!
Added issues for further discussion:
- CubeOrange/CubeOrange+: enable bl_update by julianoes · Pull Request #21341 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub → This will enhance CubeOrange derived hardware users experience by allowing bootloader update
TODO: Guide on how to do flight report - Junwoo
- PR title/description update from authors to make sure it’s more descriptive
- Changelog entry → PR created: Pull request template: add changelog entry by MaEtUgR · Pull Request #21425 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- We can reference the last release note: Release Stable Release v1.13.0 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- We probably need ‘TOP 5’ feature list instead.
TODO: Junwoo and Ramon will work on this. Ask through group for feedback.
- Control allocation & Failsafe state machine would be 2 major ones for sure
- Method: Go through all the PRs that went in since v1.13 release, and group them
Discussion between Daniel and Hamish would be sufficient. The release note preparation will be done & pinged in the thread.
- Naming issue is separate (discussion happened)
- [dds] rcS-posix: improve microdds_client startup by beniaminopozzan · Pull Request #21375 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub is blocking the https://github.com/PX4/PX4-user_guide/pull/2396
- [dds] Final micrortps cleanup before v1.14.0 release · Issue #2345 · PX4/PX4-user_guide · GitHub will likely close, since it is covered by the Update Gazebo / Ignition references · Issue #2265 · PX4/PX4-user_guide · GitHub
- [dds] Final micrortps cleanup before v1.14.0 release · Issue #2345 · PX4/PX4-user_guide · GitHub outdated pages will be removed
Note: ROS1 - ROS 2 bridge would be removed, as use cases don’t really exist.
Critical bugs that need to be fixed (below), before cutting a release candidate:
- This week’s test with 250 Quad, the position mode arming with optical flow was possible, need to figure out why that was possible.
- [v1.14 Release] - Flight testing & Flight Issues (logs) · Issue #21358 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- Probably ‘occasionally’ hitting bug, so in current state Alex’s test may not have triggered the situation.
- Root cause: likely issue in EKF2 & test ratio (getting set to infinity)
- There’s a separate PR to improve the EKF2 handling of optical flow: ekf2: OF control logic fixes by dagar · Pull Request #21005 · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub
- Test use case: Optical flow sensor (user feedback)
Idea on fixing (Daniel):
init, take care of test ratio? (infinity)
- In the current beta, it is likely solved already. But Josh can help replicate this issue.
- The PR itself *reduces the likelihood of hitting the edge case (100% thrust)
- Daniel can follow up in the PR itself
- Land detector has been improved (fact) & hover thrust estimator improvement
- We could perhaps group FAQs manually and add it to user guide, to allow it to be search-engine indexable
- Question: Is there a nice program to integrate discuss forum & discord?
- Mixer related functionality wasn’t appropriately removed from the doc (One more support for atomic documentation inside the codebase)
- Tier support
- Optical flow improvement can be done - Daniel