PX4 Maintainers Call: April 04, 2023

:calendar: April 04, 2023

The maintainers meeting is a meeting for the developer team to coordinate on pressing issues and to plan the development of the PX4 Autopilot project, the community is welcome to join and listen, but won’t be able to speak unless specific access is granted ahead of time.

:selfie: Meeting Link

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: Agenda

  • PX4 v1.14 release
  • Discuss forum utilization

:memo: Meeting Notes


  • Dockerhub is not abandoning open source projects! :tada:

PX4 v1.14 release progress

Added issues for further discussion:

User Testing

TODO: Guide on how to do flight report - Junwoo

Release Notes

TODO: Junwoo and Ramon will work on this. Ask through group for feedback.

  • Control allocation & Failsafe state machine would be 2 major ones for sure
  • Method: Go through all the PRs that went in since v1.13 release, and group them

Documentation Sync

Discussion between Daniel and Hamish would be sufficient. The release note preparation will be done & pinged in the thread.

Note: ROS1 - ROS 2 bridge would be removed, as use cases don’t really exist.

v1.14 release candidate blockers

Critical bugs that need to be fixed (below), before cutting a release candidate:

Optical flow preflight failure

Idea on fixing (Daniel):

  • on init, take care of test ratio? (infinity)

Random 100% Thrust

  • In the current beta, it is likely solved already. But Josh can help replicate this issue.
  • The PR itself *reduces the likelihood of hitting the edge case (100% thrust)
  • Daniel can follow up in the PR itself
  • Land detector has been improved (fact) & hover thrust estimator improvement

Discuss forum utilization

  • We could perhaps group FAQs manually and add it to user guide, to allow it to be search-engine indexable
  • Question: Is there a nice program to integrate discuss forum & discord?

Documentation problem

  • Mixer related functionality wasn’t appropriately removed from the doc (One more support for atomic documentation inside the codebase)
  • Tier support

Next release

  • Optical flow improvement can be done - Daniel

Are there release notes ready? If so, can you point me to them?

We decided that we will be breaking down the PR lists to have each maintainer review them and select notable PRs.

However, there are 4 main PRs already selected in the release notes issue linked above

Thanks, I think those 4 PRs have all got reasonable documentation in place.