PX4 FMUv5 Firmware

Hi Folks,
I am looking early virsions of the firmware from the early Jul 2020 time frame. I do’t have the version number of the firmware my PX4 FMUv5 autopilot had on it when I bought it during that time frame. So where do I look and how do I load it on the autopilot?
Any help would be great!
Thanks
Mike H

Here’s a link to the releases page on github, you can either download the files there or use QGC to find what you are looking for.

Good luck.

Hi Rroche,
I found a couple of firmware files that I would like to try, but when I unzip them and use QGC to do the firmware updata under custom firmware, I am not sure what files are needed. Is there any info in QGC that explains what I need to look for in plain english (HI) as I am not a programer.
Thanks
Mike Heltborg

if you have modified the PX4 source code you need to create a build, and feed that to QGC, for instructions on how to build PX4 please refer to the documentation Building PX4 Software | PX4 User Guide

If you are not sure what you are doing this is not going to be an easy step, and it will require you to install a lot of dependencies which depending on your experience might not be a straight forward thing to do

Why are you looking for an older version of the firmware? has anything gone wrong with the hardware?

Hi Rroche,
Sorry about the delay. Nothing wrong with the air frame, but we have had problems with is that I updated the firmware in the PX-4 FC and that virsion you do not get a increase in motor speed for liftoff until the throttle is over 60% and then the throttle speed for desent has all most no effect, makeing for a very long time trying to get the drone to land! The orginal firmware that was loaded when we bought the PX-4 did not have that problem. Thus the reason to go back to that version of firmware.
In our case we are building a 24 foot heavy lift drone, and it needs to be very controlable. Not a 60% plus trottle before any thing happens when the drone plus payload weight over 2000 lbs.
regards
Mike Heltborg

Hi @hilltopmike I’m trying to infer what you’d like to do please tell me if I’m worng.

You had an unkown version of PX4 on your Holybro pixhawk 4 board when you bought it and now you updated to the latest version because you don’t like how it behaves during takeoff. Is that right?

Not recommended:
If you have that board you can download any stable version from Releases · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub . Download the px4_fmu-v5_default.px4 file from the assets and use QGC’s custom firmware upload to select the file and flash it.

Recommended:
Write a more detailed a description of what you don’t like about the takeoff and share a log file like described here: Flight Reporting | PX4 User Guide (v1.12) And we can have a look and point you to a solution with the latest version.

I’m trying my best here to interpret your description but I might be wrong because it’s lacking some details.

that virsion you do not get a increase in motor speed for liftoff until the throttle is over 60% and then the throttle speed for desent has all most no effect, makeing for a very long time trying to get the drone to land!

Are you used to fly multicopter in Manual/Stabilized mode where you control throttle directly with the stick and now with the new version for some reason fly in Altitude or Position mode where Altitude and hence collective motor thrust is controlled for you and the vertical stick deflection only moves the vehicle with a certain constant velocity up or down? In that case I suggest you read how the modes work and switch to the one you prefer for flying.

Fly safe