Dev Call format change suggestion discussion
High priority queue
(Maybe) Component Update
- Related Discuss post : 🙌 Introducing Junwoo Hwang
- NuttX, PX4 Startup scripts, uORB messenger, etc. Confusing idea / concepts will be covered!
Raise your questions!
- After 5 seconds of silence, move onto the next topic
- Community Q&A : Maximum 3 - 5 min limit for each question. If the discussion isn’t finished, ask the Questioner to create a Github Issue about it and continue discussion there.
- Limit discussions to maximum 5 min, then it should be continued in In-Depth discussions.
Maybe have some small number of categories to do component update on? To prevent too much opinion. Or ask for a ‘general’ update for each individual? : Matthias
It’s nice to have a call with a common topic / interest among participants, to spark new discussions, etc : Matthias
How about Project update meeting (non QnA) monthly? : Alessandro
There’s mix of developers. Casual / more involved, etc. : Daniel.
e.g. VTOL doesn’t have a lot of updates, so maybe start a special VTOL call?
Ramon will do a Survey on this.
- Turning on SiK radio could solve the problem : david
- Pico COM is running before starting QGC
- Could turn on QGC Logging to debug : daniel
- Interactive shell & docker container is creating a crash : Conor
- Gazebo is getting started separately
- Using in offboard mode, aiming to do flight without magnetometer : Tony
- Initial MAG_TYPE_AUTO setting, overriding with MAG_TYPE_NONE later creates a heading offset, causing toilet bowling.
- Forcing a Yaw estimator reset could be a fix. When vehicles are all facing North, reset the EKF2’s yaw.
- Application currently on swarm drones for a light show, so solution to be generic (e.g. parameter)
- May create new MAG type specifically for this yaw reset use case
- Vendor adoption. Want to develop their own sensor : Henry
- Sending actuator commands via UAVCAN has not been tried yet
- Trying to figure out where Vendors are headed towards. To select the message standard for application.
- Many standardized message effort has failed : Thomas
- To support standardized messages, go for Drone CAN
- Message standardization / bridging systems can be unnecessary :
- Could use uORB bridge over UAVCAN v1, and if not possible, fall back to DroneCAN (in the future) : Alex
- Currently in QGC, mission planning doesn’t conider different vehicle’s mission paths having potential collision : Fellow Jitster
- If connected in a common network, could do a similar feature as an ADSB (for a future feature)
- Before doing the mission, currently swarm flight using non-collision paths created :
- Use case : using RTL switch as a button while having another flight mode selection switch : Junwoo
- Had different schemes before : daniel
- Different controllers (MAVLink message / different RC channels, etc) exist, so would be nice to have the centralized system to handle this.
- Issue created now.
- CAN node : Andrew
*didn’t catch this part so well
Updates from the team
Discussion based on board: High-Priority Queue · GitHub
- RC selection bug needs to be fixed before release : daniel
For smaller groups expanding technical discussions, stay until the end and follow up.
If you have any feedback or corrections please comment on this post!
Updates on each sectors of PX4 System
- RTL could get triggered even when already landed. Fix PR added : Matthias
- Log issue (NuttX Version), needs fix : Daniel
- New release coming soon, changes ahead : David