January 29, 2020
- Status update by component
- Open section for the community (Please add your agenda items)
- Anyone can propose topics for discussion
Meeting ID: 946 175 205
Join using your mobile/desktop
Call in using your phone, find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aetSYKbiMF
- 96 flights
- Simplification of sensor pipeline -> single flow of data
- Calibration parameters applied later in sensors module
- (can also be temperature calibration)
- Work towards multiple estimators
- Revisit module base linked list: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/12191
OS / NuttX
- Upstreamed iMX RT
- Backported for now to merge
- Timer PR: @david_s5 reviewed it: beautiful, makes the RT configuration nicer: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/13871
RADIO_STATUSis injected additional throttling was automatically configured and could lead to problems with non-SiK radios: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/14032
- @david_s5: fmu-v5 Tx DMA is in, has that been tested end to end?
OrbSubscriptionusage in mavlink module to review: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/14051
- See System Architecture above.
- Fixed preflight checks not
- @bkueng started nicer architecture for preflight checks
- No update
- No update
MAVROS / RTPS / ROS2
- Verification of dependencies for avoidance ->
- MAVROS SITL CI tests are now redundant.
- questions regarding dropping ROS
- No update
- Release v0.24.0: changelog
- FastRTPs interface to be implemented with the Gazebo integration. To interface with Gazebo-ignition.
Open section for the community
- CI: GitHub workflows build times have the same speed but scale even better than the Jenkins runners, and are nicely integrated, and maintained by GitHub, not by us.
- PX4IO sometimes broken on startup: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/issues/13892
- Should we dumb PX4IO down so it’s just a pass-through failsafe device?
- Do we still need fixedwing manual mixing? Not sure. -> Rather parachute/abort for regulations.
- Maybe add developer mode with simple pass-through mode.
- Low latency cross-fire input to FMU.
- PWM outputs still need to be accessible for VTOL.
@LorenzMeier: UAVCAN node: what is required?
- Does it need direct RC interface or not?
- Startup of UAVCAN is late in sequence.
Errata and Feedback
Let me know below if I failed to capture anything the right way, and if there are any updates, or you have feedback on the call format.