May 17, 2023

Join us

Agenda

• Community Announcement
  • Community Q&A
  • General Discussions

:loudspeaker: Community Announcement

A.1 :

:people_holding_hands: Community Q&A (No deep technical discussions)

:exclamation: Guideline for asking a Question

1. Specify what you are trying to achieve
  2. Specify what environment / platform you are using
  3. Prepare a Link or Document to help understand if possible
  4. First, ask the question on Discord or create a Github Issue!
  5. If you take over 5 minutes for the question, please continue in Discord or a Github Issue.

Q.1 : Custom QGC KML feature

Using phone/watch controlled drone, and for that KML is being used as from google map for QGC.

Currently planning a mission that can have obstacle avoidance confidance level within the plan itself.

Currently migrating the project’s custom code/gui to QGC now, that’s why the custom KML fields part is needed.

Answer: Tag/Ping ‘Don Gagne’ (in discord & github) for better overview / comments!

Thread created: Discord

Q.2: Console improvements PR - Salim

For the ‘linenoise’ repository, let’s fork it to be under PX4 organization in Github, or direct copying into the code tree.

It’s here! >>> PX4-Autopilot/src/modules/mavlink/CMakeLists.txt at main · PX4/PX4-Autopilot · GitHub

Also need to deal with the license properly (BSD-2).

For the submodule-induced CI error, check the other submodule’s case for CMakeLists: There are some cmake commands for setting up this dependency!

Q.3: PCA 9685 pwm output driver PR

Has it been flight tested? No, but it is driving LEDs properly.

Why would we want to use external crystal for clock for this driver? Less drift.

If a user can start the board, go to actuators configuration tab in QGC, and it works when user configures it.

Action Items:

• Make sure it actually works
  • User configuration works

:thinking: General Discussions

D.1 : v1.14 release related PWM PR

Hi Teams,

1. I am trying to implement a new complex pattern with features of adding new customized fields, so that the saved KML file from this pattern could fit our flight task (such as object avoidance, detection).

2. I used docker container and vscode as building and developing environment.

3. here is the pictures of my intended implementation:

3.(1): add a new complex pattern in the pattern section
3.(2): input the data into the customized fields such as model, confidence threshhold

3.(3): save the pattern in a KML file which it stores the inputted data in step (2).

1. I am new to QT and QGroundControl. I am currently being able to mirror a same complex pattern as Corridor Scan. But I don’t know how do I modify and insert the fields on the right hand side in the mission section, and make my kml file generated the way I modify the fields. Any help would be much appreciated.

4.(1) add some new fields like confidence threshold for object detection, flight mode and so on. And make saved KML file also have those inserted field parameters.