Pointing x8 in direction of flight?

I am a new user of flying drones and using qground. I am trying to learn qground and have a 3dr x8 that I am using with it. I flew my first survey mission the other day and the drone doesnt fly with the front of it in the direction of flight. It flew the pattern ok but it didnt face forwards in the direction of flight. I have been looking through the tutorial but havent seen anything on how to make this happen. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Jeff

Hi @jjoos99 ,
Where was it pointing then? It should by default point towards the waypoint.
If you want a different behavior, check MPC_YAW_MODE.
If it’s not doing what it should, please share a link of a log file.

Good luck!

I actually flew a close in mission tonight and had it loiter for 10 sec at each waypoints. When it headed towards the next point it did indeed turn as it was headed to the next point. I dont have the x8 connected to the ground station via telemetry only a usb cable while on the ground. Reason I suspected was on the one survey mission on the short left turns of the grid pattern the x8 went totally whacked out before it leveled out and continued the pattern. It did this for the same turn during the grid pattern. Just trying to sort out what might have happened. I havent tried the mission again to see if it would repeat. trying to learn all I can about qground for an upcoming contract job I have flying qground on a modified dji s1000 platform. Any good videos on learning qground?
thanks
Jeff