In our company, we developed a VTOL simulator. I modified the X-plane link in qgroundcontrol to send data our defined format. Problem is, that on versions 1.8.0 (stable) or 1.9.0 (stable) in qgroundcontrol there are no updates of method QGCXPlaneLink::updateActuatorControls (method from QGroundControl, file:QGCXPlaneLink.cpp). Because of this, I am not able to get PWM outputs to the simulator. A few months ago I tried the latest master (commit:065f97e87ba76664b8db8b7a35507e3ecf2afec7) px4 firmware, where it magically started to update actuator controls. I tried to search for changes in code which cause that it works, but after a week of searching, I am to solve this problem.
Logs from simulated flight:
- working version: https://review.px4.io/plot_app?log=4499da89-5576-4f5d-9141-66d633b26203
- non working version - latest stable: https://review.px4.io/plot_app?log=378520da-7ee1-4234-ae16-2ae71191febb
- non working version - latest master: https://review.px4.io/plot_app?log=74ecc267-5d43-4f04-b488-c308fe645868
Already checked these things on every version:
- Pwm_out_sim is compiled and is running.
- Pixhawk has HITL mode enabled.
- QgroundControl is connected to a simulator
- Pixhawk is armed.
Maybe I will be able to find out how to solve this problem, but I need to know where to look for it. Anyone any idea?