How to set local_position using /mavros/vision_pose/pose

Hello! I have been trying to solve a problem for a couple of days now and perhaps someone here can help me. I am trying to dead reckon using aruco markers. I can see the position of the markers using my camera with MAVROS and aruco_detect. The aruco detect publishes the transform of the markers on /fiducial_transforms. I would like to take the transform of the first marker and use it to reset the local position of the PX4. I see from some examples that this can be accomplished by posting pose data to /mavros/vision_pose/pose . As I test, I tried sending test data using the following command:
rostopic pub -r 40 /mavros/vision_pose/pose geometry_msgs/PoseStamped '{ header: { frame_id: "/local_origin"}, pose: { position: { x: 1.0, y: 1.0, z: 2.0 }, orientation: { x: 0, y: 0, z: 0, w: 1 } } }' However, the PX4 does not appear to be using this vision data to set it’s local_position. I have EKF2_AID_MASK set to 8 (vision position fusion) but LOCAL_POSITION_NED x and y are not updated. Can anyone help me understand what else I need to do? I see a few examples for ardupilot but none for px4. (